Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do you guys talk about?  (Read 307 times)

mattn

• AOL Instant Messenger - talenos
    • View Profile
    • Email
What do you guys talk about?
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:55:22 PM »
So I wrote my PS a while ago and got into the school I wanted to, and I'm guessing it helped since I was around their 25% mark for GPA and LSAT, and never turned in any letters of reccomendation. I recently decided to apply for some new schools in the fall since I still have a year left before I got to school.

Anyway, I re-read my PS and it sucks and does everything your not supposed to do.  I mean I guess I did a good job of describing why I was a good match for that school, but I did a lot of reiterating jobs that I've had.  Anyone know what are some other good things to talk about?

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys talk about?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:29:20 PM »
In all honesty, I think the best things to write about are things that make you stand out from the crowd you'll be competing with for admission. Another thought is that you want to put something in the admissions officers' minds that they won't get out of the rest of your application. Unless you have some great things to talk about re:work experience, I'd try to leave that for your resume. I'm still deciding this myself, but those are my thoughts. Hope it helps, at least a little.