Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: osu moritz interview  (Read 1416 times)

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: osu moritz interview
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 03:49:12 PM »
Still waiting here too. When I spoke with my interviewer he said that the news would come by phone early this week, so we're running out of time.

My wife wanted to share that the critical care unit in Dodd Hall is supposed to be one of the best parts of the OSU Medical System in case your wife is interested.

Good luck!

Il Stupido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 10:02:23 AM »
Of course, they haven't really been following the timeline that closely. And they DEFINITELY didn't stick to the process they originally laid out (i.e., replacing the on-campus committee interview and the dinner with a phone interview). I keep telling myself there could still be a shot.

Oh well. Even without it, Moritz is still a good deal.

EDIT: Got the email around 5:30. I'm an "alternate." I don't know if they say that to everybody or not. My consolation prize is an extra $6K the first year, which is nice. Almost brings me up to full in-state tuition anyway.
Accepted: Ohio State, Georgetown, GW
Waitlisted: Michigan, Virginia

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 07:42:10 PM »
Sorry about that. I'm an alternate too (also a semi-finalist for the Whiting scholarship to be determined next week as I think we proabably all are). They increased mine an extra $5000 for the first year for a total of 12,500 for that year.

Honestly I'm a little surprised by this. I had one of the highest index scores on LSN for OSU and judging by your acceptances I'm assuming you have good numbers as well. I guess they really do focus on leadership, etc and not just GPA/LSAT. Do you know any one else who might have gotten it?

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 07:27:14 PM »
I got the call today that I had been moved from alternate to recipient. I'm not sure what to do now. Hopefully you got some good news / will get some good news soon.

Il Stupido

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 07:50:21 PM »
That's great news! Congratulations!

So there is some legitimate hope. I was skeptical. I wish I knew how many alternates there are.

I actually caved and sent in my seat deposit yesterday. I hope that if they were to have more scholarships open up, my deposit won't cause them to pass me over to someone else  :-\
Accepted: Ohio State, Georgetown, GW
Waitlisted: Michigan, Virginia

timthegolfguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.29 / 174
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »
Just to let you know - I withdrew from the Moritz last night so hopefully they'll have one opening up to give to you. I was able to use it to get more $$$ from W&M, so I'm going to send in a deposit there. Good luck at OSU.