Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at UF spring start  (Read 453 times)

c130nav

In at UF spring start
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:33:12 PM »
Well I got the letter today. Now I have to decide between a spring start at UF or a Fall start at FSU.  I'm not sure which way I am going to go yet. BTW my numbers were 3.8/163

inlove

Re: In at UF spring start
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 08:39:03 AM »
i got in for spring yesterday too...deciding b/w UF and UNC...what would you do? UF is cheaper, but do i want to spend another 3 years in Gainesville?

fliingdutchmn

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're a dirty bugger aren't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:33:24 AM »
but do i want to spend another 3 years in Gainesville?
  Oh, God, no!

BTW, do those that start in the spring finish on time and have the same oppty for Law Review, etc?

c130nav

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 06:08:33 PM »
BTW, do those that start in the spring finish on time and have the same oppty for Law Review, etc?

yes they finish at the same time and have almost the same opportunities.  The only thing you lose with a spring start is your 1st year summer.  So no 1st year summer internship. Not sure how often 1L actually get good internships over the summer or if it really matters that much. I know your 2L summer can be critcal to landing a decent job right after graduation. 

vkschicago

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 06:17:13 PM »
It seems as though most of the UF admits going out right now are for the spring.  Have they filled the fall class and are now moving to spring or do you think that they are still admitting for both classes?

RED1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 06:22:58 PM »
It seems as though most of the UF admits going out right now are for the spring.  Have they filled the fall class and are now moving to spring or do you think that they are still admitting for both classes?

It seems like they are all done and moved to accepting for Spring last week.  However, I'm pretty sure they sent out all final decisions yesterday.  My guess would be if you haven't heard by now expect a waitlist or rejection. It seems that all the Spring admits heard by now.  Anyways I could be completely wrong. Just my opinion.