Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When will Brooklyn bring out the Dings  (Read 892 times)

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
When will Brooklyn bring out the Dings
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:22:25 PM »
I am waiting for my Brooklyn Ding.  Three weeks ago I received a call from Brooklyn.  They called me at and said the Dean wanted to speak with me.  Turns out they had the wrong person (have a popular name).  Once they realized wrong person, story changed to "No Dean does not want to speak with you. Application Complete. Goodbye"

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: When will Brooklyn bring out the Dings
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:21:20 PM »
I am waiting for my Brooklyn Ding.  Three weeks ago I received a call from Brooklyn.  They called me at and said the Dean wanted to speak with me.  Turns out they had the wrong person (have a popular name).  Once they realized wrong person, story changed to "No Dean does not want to speak with you. Application Complete. Goodbye"

That was really horrible. 

They have been sending out notices of denial.  So keep the hope up as long as you have not received anything. 

PleaseMr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »
Want to know something scary?  Brunched with a friend of dean of admissions at brooklyn. Said they were looking for 165....

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »
Well if they are looking for 165 they are in for a rude awakening! I would have paid double to go there because I really like the course offerings and clinicals. I have like five or six friends who got in with 163-164s and got into Fordham...obviously they are choosing Fordham (a couple for Cardozo). Brooklyn better start throwing some serious money around if they want to lure them away...because they might have to start turning to their WL big time. Well I can't be bitter...I would prob. still go at the last minute!
Attending: Brooklyn

Bacchante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 10:59:02 AM »

Wow...that's AWFUL!
At what point in the conversation did they realize they had the wrong person?

And as for them wanting 165...come on now.  According to LSAC their 75% is 162 and they have to realize that they're competing for applicants that are likely to get into schools that are ranked higher/perceived better.

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
Wow...that's AWFUL!
At what point in the conversation did they realize they had the wrong person?

After they confirmed my home address, they realized they had the wrong person.  Very quickly they got me off the phone.  Not surprised since I wasn't counting on attending Brooklyn. 

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 12:10:02 PM »
Well if they are looking for 165 they are in for a rude awakening! I would have paid double to go there because I really like the course offerings and clinicals. I have like five or six friends who got in with 163-164s and got into Fordham...obviously they are choosing Fordham (a couple for Cardozo). Brooklyn better start throwing some serious money around if they want to lure them away...because they might have to start turning to their WL big time. Well I can't be bitter...I would prob. still go at the last minute!

I think 50% tuition is the best merit scholarship they have.  There is also the possibility of getting up to $8,000 in need based aid if you are really poor. 

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 04:33:03 PM »
165 for Brooklyn  :'(
Wow. Well, their index is a 3.2, and it can be met with lower numbers!! I don't get it. Dammit!!

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 09:48:11 PM »
Got my rejection letter from Brooklyn.  Not surprised or even disappointed.