Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USD Sucks  (Read 959 times)

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
USD Sucks
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:00:57 PM »
I finally broke down emailed U of San Diego about my application, I shouldn't have much problem getting in there and I applied in November.  I said in the letter I would have to be making a decision for other schools very soon or I wouldn't be asking.  I got the following email three days later.

We are in the process of completing application in order to send them to
committee and we are unable to do individual application status checks. We
will notify you if there is anything further that we need to complete your
application or if there is anything else that the committee needs. If we requested your LSAC report, your application is considered complete. If we have not requested your LSAC report, please contact us by phone.
You could receive a decision letter any time between now and May.
We understand that you need a decision soon so that you can choose a school, but we are unable to do so. We are trying to get the majority of decision letters out in April.
We recommend all applicants put down at least one deposit at another school.
Thank you for your understanding,
 USD Law School Admissions

We recommend you put down a deposit so I can wait around for them to maybe make a decision by May,  screw you USD.  If they treat me like this while I'm applying how the hell will I be treated as a student.  I'm sorry, for me to even consider them at this point they'd have to give me a full ride, forget it, this is a joke.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

blinkuldhc

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blinkuldhc
    • View Profile
    • me
    • Email
Re: USD Sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 09:18:36 PM »
Hahaha I actually called the USD office today ranting about the same thing. They told me the same exact thing, go ahead and make your deposit, and we'll get back to you by mid-late april.

I'd go ahead and do that, except that I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet.  :-\

USD is definitely way behind everyone else, to the point of ridiculousness. I really hope the reason for all of this isn't because they're trying to play the numbers game.
SCORE!: USD ($$$)
Broken beer goggles: W&M, Hastings, BC , WUstl
Liqouring up: Temple, Santa Clara, Loyola (LA)
C*ck blocked: Wisconsin
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=blinkuldhc

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 09:21:21 PM »
Look at last years law school numbers. They didnt send out rejections till the end of april. I think that they just don't care, they get so many applications because of the location that they just accept only the highest numbers before april 1 then wait to see who will make deposit.

mike29

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 07:14:23 PM »
I am on LSN, but how do I view last years numbers?

princesssnadia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »
I'm FINALLY in at USD... still waiting on SMU, another school that takes FOREVER

TBoneUCLA

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 07:37:41 PM »
alot of schools take FOREVER, it isnt just usd

i know of tons of people waiting on loyola, and i personally am still waiting on hastings and usc - and i applied in december!

i would really think schools would have a stronger adcom that can handle the burden of thousands of applications - or better yet make apps due by jan 1st or something. there is no excuse for not having heard from so many schools by the time you have to start making decisions at other schools...

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 02:38:32 PM »
There's no question that this is poor behavior.  As I mentioned in another thread, the Dean of Admissions at Arizona sat down with me and discussed my application at length.  "You went to committee two months ago, I thought you had a strong file, but you scored 11.5 in our in house scoring and the admit number is 12.0.  You will either be accepted or wait listed, not rejected.  You'll receive that info late in the second week of April."  Cannot get much more specific than that!

Yet these other schools can't make 4 keystrokes on the computer to give you an update.  That said, I just received my USD acceptance, so they are still admitting.
USD 2L