Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wash U.  (Read 1161 times)

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
Re: Wash U.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 11:29:59 PM »
I got waitlisted and I'm withdrawing :-\
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

amelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 02:10:20 AM »
ilsox,
  i'm really sorry to hear about your waitlist, I know how badly you wanted to get in. I will be withdrawing, I hope it helps.

ilsox7

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 02:17:03 AM »
ilsox,
  i'm really sorry to hear about your waitlist, I know how badly you wanted to get in. I will be withdrawing, I hope it helps.

Thanks but I am quite happy about the WL.  I knew I had no shot to get in right off the bat.  I figured I was about 50/50 between WL and ding, so this is a good thing.  We'll see what happens from here on out.  Either way, I like my options!

link0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 09:46:03 AM »
i will withdraw my acceptance.

they are ranked 24 now btw

mjb691

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 09:53:55 AM »
Actually WUSTL places rather well in NYC, the second highest city as a matter of fact. The other popular cities of placement are DC, Chicago and Atlanta. If you are set on NYC go to Fordham. If you want greater flexibility go to WUSTL.

Yeah, WUSTL definitely gives me more flexibility in terms of location. On paper (unless Fordham comes up with lots of need-based aid), it really shouldn't be a close call, but I have an emotional tie to the idea of living in NYC. Plus, and maybe this is the anti-WUSTL negativity seeping through, I am a little concerned that what I saw in St. Louis is hype rather than reality, whereas I know what I am getting with Fordham.

Any thoughts?

Mike
ATTENDING: Penn
IN: WUSTL, Fordham, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Temple
THE REST: Doesn't matter

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 09:59:48 AM »
Actually WUSTL places rather well in NYC, the second highest city as a matter of fact. The other popular cities of placement are DC, Chicago and Atlanta. If you are set on NYC go to Fordham. If you want greater flexibility go to WUSTL.

Yeah, WUSTL definitely gives me more flexibility in terms of location. On paper (unless Fordham comes up with lots of need-based aid), it really shouldn't be a close call, but I have an emotional tie to the idea of living in NYC. Plus, and maybe this is the anti-WUSTL negativity seeping through, I am a little concerned that what I saw in St. Louis is hype rather than reality, whereas I know what I am getting with Fordham.

Any thoughts?

Mike

I know what you mean about the "hype", but I have talked to students, and they do seem about as happy as law students get.  If you love NYC, go to Fordham.  St. Louis is nothing like New York, and if you really want that atmosphere, I wouldn't try and substitute.

I really liked Wash U.  The fact that they dropped 4 spots in the rankings does not effect me or my decision at all.  If you look at historical rankings, schools between 20 and 30 shuffle constantly, and it really doesn't matter a whole lot.

NothingSpecial

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 10:18:23 AM »
Ummm, where did you get this information about placement in NYC being the second highest city, that is complete BS as far as I can tell (from Wash U's own info). and 2% of the class, with 45% reporting, wouldn't be considered "well" in my book for the North East.

Actually WUSTL places rather well in NYC, the second highest city as a matter of fact.  The other popular cities of placement are DC, Chicago and Atlanta.  If you are set on NYC go to Fordham.  If you want greater flexibility go to WUSTL. 

I've been accepted at Wash U. I was very impressed with the visit, and, unless GULC or Michigan or NYU come through, for me it is between them and Fordham. I'm going next week to visit Fordham, and it really comes down to a decision to commit to NYC versus being more Midwest focused. I've lived and have connections in NYC, Chicago, and St. Louis, so I'm kinda torn.

Anyway, long answer to short question.

Mike

kitakatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 10:21:17 AM »
i will most likely be withdrawing also.
Getting antsy.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 11:25:46 AM »
Hi. Well I just called Wash U. about their waitlist Gosh they are so much nicer than other schools I have delt with. Must be the midwest versus Northeast i'm used to  ;)  Anyway, they said that they dont rank the waitlist.  That everyone is on an equal level and that when they see how many spots are open they just review the apps again and again and decide who they want.  Is this better or worse than having a ranking system??
I love my philly phanatic :)

ASNetlenov

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2005, 11:07:06 AM »
2. If you've been accepted, do you plan on attending?

I know Wash U. gets bashed around here and many have already said they aren't going, but I am just curious.  I am not trying to encourage people to withdraw or anything.  I am just curious how many peopel around LSD are interested in attending.
I have visited the school and thought it was pretty impressive. The students are articulate and nice. It seems like job placement outside of the midwest is limited to alum connections, which is fine with me because there are plenty scattered through the DC/NOVA area.