Law School Discussion

In at Harvard

In at Harvard
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:57:57 PM »
I'm in at Harvard as of today! Todd Morton, the Dean of Admissions, called me on Thursday, and we had a phone interview on Friday. During the interview, he asked whether I would definitely go to Harvard if I were to be accepted... I said that the answer was almost certainly yes (keyword: almost). In the course of our discussion, he said that virtually every offer of admission has already been given and that a select pool of candidates were being called to compete for the remaining spots. I followed up with a call to the admissions office today and was informed by Mr. Morton himself that I'd been accepted! Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting... it's been a long ride.

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: In at Harvard
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »
congratulations! 

*crosses fingers*

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 06:17:53 PM »
same here

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 06:38:04 PM »
congrats numbers twin! hopefully I'll see you there next year!

LawDiv25

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 07:03:46 PM »
I can't believe that Penn rejected you! Maybe Philly is becoming a more happening area?

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 07:07:08 PM »
That is fantastic!  Congrats! 

PennQuaker

• LSN:pennquaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 07:18:42 PM »
Congrats Garnier.  Thanks for the news...even if that leaves me probably out in the cold without the probing phone call (though I did already send them a letter detailing my interest).

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »
Thanks everybody!

Jessie: Likewise

PennQuaker: Best of luck with the remainder of the process. It very well might be true that your having sent the letter made it pointless for the dean to call. Please post when you have news.

voce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 08:24:02 AM »
Congratulations! So, are you headed to Harvard, given your other choices? I'm wondering what others are doing, given similar choices to mine...:)

But, seriously, way to go!

BigTex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 08:36:09 AM »
wow. congrats garnier. what an exciting way to find out.

so, your impression from the phone conversation is that from this point on all acceptances will first have this phone conversation prelude, correct?