Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: MSU Ding...never saw it coming  (Read 1735 times)

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: MSU Ding...never saw it coming
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 01:30:51 PM »
Well, i know that. No one ever says "gee, I want to languish in a tier that's so poorly regarded it's not even ranked by a magazine".

But MSU did move up from Tier 4, so as mentioned in previous e-mails, they at least have the potential to move up. And yes, I think MSU has a better chance at getting out of tier 3 than most because of the name recognition and potential resources available (if they ever get state funding) Like I said, it'll be some years before it moves again, but consistent growth is the key to most success.

dal79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 01:48:40 PM »
Well, i know that. No one ever says "gee, I want to languish in a tier that's so poorly regarded it's not even ranked by a magazine".

But MSU did move up from Tier 4, so as mentioned in previous e-mails, they at least have the potential to move up. And yes, I think MSU has a better chance at getting out of tier 3 than most because of the name recognition and potential resources available (if they ever get state funding) Like I said, it'll be some years before it moves again, but consistent growth is the key to most success.
Yeah, IMO MSU didnt deserve to be in tier 4, but the competition at tier 3 isnt what it was at tier 4.
There are alot of respectable schools who are also on their way up in tier 3, and the schools at the bottom of tier 2 are even more competitive.  Do I see MSU surpassing a Vermont, or a Loyola New Orleans, or any other top Tier 3 school.  No.  at least not anytime soon. 

my .02

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »
ya, t3 is definitely more competitive (unless you believe all the ttt haters on here) But, who knows what will happen over the next 10-15 years. Will MSU move up to T2 by the 09 rolls around? Probably not. So in essence, people there now just have to appreciate it for what it is and lay the foundation for future lawyers.

What this country needs is more legislation, litigation, and lawyers. To show my contempt for trees, I will make multiple hardcopies of everything I produce.

dal79

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 09:31:01 PM »

What this country needs is more legislation, litigation, and lawyers. To show my contempt for trees, I will make multiple hardcopies of everything I produce.

I concur