Law School Discussion

Washington and Lee Waitlist

ASNetlenov

Re: Washington and Lee Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2005, 08:05:35 AM »
The waitlist is a useless crapshoot but I guess it does not hurt to hand around. And as for LSN, the numbers on that site are high. Whether there is a self-selection issue or people are lying, it seems as if the waitlist at W&L is workable. At least they took people last year, which is more than I can say for W&M.

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2005, 09:30:57 AM »
At least they took people last year, which is more than I can say for W&M.

I know for a fact W&M took people off the waitlist last year because a buddy of mine got in after getting WL'd (I think he got in around May but it could've been later in the summer, can't remember for sure now). Anyway, good luck with your waitlists!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2005, 11:54:20 AM »

I know for a fact W&M took people off the waitlist last year because a buddy of mine got in after getting WL'd (I think he got in around May but it could've been later in the summer, can't remember for sure now). Anyway, good luck with your waitlists!
Thanks for the info. It seems that while W&M takes some from the waitlist, W&L takes more. Time will tell.

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2005, 12:33:36 PM »

Thanks for the info. It seems that while W&M takes some from the waitlist, W&L takes more. Time will tell.

No problem. I know anecdotal evidence isn't much to go on, but at least it goes to show they actually use their waitlist and it isn't just a modified rejection, as seems to be the case at some schools...and you could be right about W&L, I have no idea. Either way, best of luck -- though it looks like you've already racked up some impressive acceptances!

lex19

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2005, 06:07:41 AM »
ilsox7, hey i was wondering if you ever got down to W&L for a visit and if so how was it??? also do you have any tips and what did you wear??? formal, business casual, or just jeans and a shirt...i'd like to avoid as much formalness in the dress department as possible b/c i'll be traveling after my visit to a family  event...thanks and anyone else have any advice it would be welcomed and appreciated!!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2005, 06:49:15 AM »
ilsox7, hey i was wondering if you ever got down to W&L for a visit and if so how was it??? also do you have any tips and what did you wear??? formal, business casual, or just jeans and a shirt...i'd like to avoid as much formalness in the dress department as possible b/c i'll be traveling after my visit to a family  event...thanks and anyone else have any advice it would be welcomed and appreciated!!
I would not worry about the dress code too much. I have visited several law schools at this point and have always appeared better dressed than the law students, which is not hard because my clothing has been washed within the past month. I should not say too much because I will be in the same boat soon enough.

You do not need to wear anything too formal. I would say look nice (maybe not even business casual but close). Other people may disagree, but I do not think you will be kept on a WL because you did not wear a suit to visit the school. Look nice and be comfortable.

lex19

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2005, 06:58:13 AM »
thanks!!

cmparry

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2005, 10:30:47 AM »
when you sent in your letter, did you direct it any where specific or just to the law building?

lex19

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2005, 10:41:26 AM »
i sent it to admissions via e-mail, but now that you have a WL letter i would send my letter to whomever signed it....goodluck

ilsox7

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2005, 11:35:03 AM »

Yep I made it to W&L.  Really enjoyed my time there.  The interview was nice as was the tour.  DEFINITELY wear business casual and nothing less.  Wearing less will not leave a good impression...it is an interview.  Other than that, just be yourself.