Law School Discussion

Washington and Lee Waitlist

Re: Washington and Lee Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 06:15:54 PM »
I'm waitlisted too (LSATs 157 and 167, GPA 3.13). Just received my letter in the mail yesterday. Where are the rest of the schools, I'm waiting to hear from 9!

Accepted: Tulane, American, Brooklyn, DePaul, Loyola (New Orleans)
WL: W&L
Rejected: Texas, Georgetown, George Washington, U Washington

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 07:04:52 PM »
Yup, got mine on Friday. The interesting thing though is that the WL is not ranked.

It's actually quite rare for a school to rank WL applicants. Some divide students into regular and priority WLs, but for the most part it is unranked at most schools. I know WashU ranks its WL but that's about it.

Will Wash U. tell you where you are on the list?  I plan to call tomorrow to ask if they will divulge the info and also tell them I have sent in my sheet to request staying on.

I don't know the specifics on WashU. A fellow intern I lost contact with was waitlisted at WashU last year and he mentioned that it was ranked. I have no idea what the outcome was or if he ever got off.

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 08:27:33 PM »
Im on  8 waitlists, including W and L. Anyone else notice how W and L's waitlist info sheet was, word for word, almost exactly identical to UVA's? Whats up with that?

lex19

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 05:13:22 AM »
Im on 8 waitlists, including W and L. Anyone else notice how W and L's waitlist info sheet was, word for word, almost exactly identical to UVA's? Whats up with that?

i didn't apply to UVA, but W&L was the only school that said to let them know if W&L is your #1 school, and you would go in an instant...

so i'm definitely taking a visit this week, and am going to meet with the asst. director of admissions and take a tour. they were really nice, i just e-mailed the dir. of admissions who signed my WL letter and she responsed very quickly.

ilsox7

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 07:36:07 AM »
so i'm definitely taking a visit this week, and am going to meet with the asst. director of admissions and take a tour. they were really nice, i just e-mailed the dir. of admissions who signed my WL letter and she responsed very quickly.

I'm really hoping it's as close to a formal interview as they can get!  Good luck.  Looking forward to my visit too.

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 07:18:49 PM »
absolutely loved this from the FAQ

"Is there anything I can do to enhance my chances?"
short of eliminating those who have accepted offers, probably not.

Loved it.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »
Anyone have any idea of how big the waitlist is?

ilsox7

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2005, 09:07:06 AM »

"Hundreds."

bobo21

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2005, 09:49:08 AM »

On LSN there is almost an identical number of people who were rejected and placed on the WL

vivi

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 06:50:51 PM »
 I removed my name from the wait list today. good luck to all you guys.