Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Texas - my first ding!  (Read 1293 times)

htrus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: University of Texas - my first ding!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 04:38:44 PM »
I had gotten my hopes up today because I saw two people with high LSAT's and low GPA's were accepted on LSN in the past 72 hours, but they were both in-state. 

I'm really sorry to hear that given how much you had hoped for UT earlier.  Obviously, though, you're in pretty darn good shape with Northwestern to "fall back" on (well, except during football season.) ;) 

Knowing your team sucks and hoping for upsets is better than expecting to be the best and getting drilled by your rivals every year anyway.

You really think that is better? Like Limon, I would prefer to be hyped and then follow through with winning the big games. Absent that, I would much rather be in the big games and lose than to never be there at all.
LSAT 161/GPA 3.05

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=htrus

Attending: Houston
In: St. Mary's (w$$), South Texas, Texas Tech, Houston
Out: Texas, GMU, Boalt Hall, Oklahoma, Baylor
Waitlist: SMU

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 04:48:30 PM »
No, I don't really think it is better. I was trying to look at the bright side. Of course it is better to have a good team to root for. I will tell you, during my years at USC, they lost to Notre Dame and UCLA every single season, they finally decide to dominate and win it all while I am living in another country and can't watch any games, at least I got to enjoy the repeat. Here comes three in a row.

Sorry to distract attention away from the OP. By the way Burgh, I think the thing you can be most proud of is that you did what you could with the LSAT to make up for the lower GPA ages ago(I am in the same boat on that part), and that out of those top top schools you applied to, the one you interviewed with thought you were right for their program and had the confidence to know that the old GPA was nothing to worry about.

I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 09:24:41 PM »
add me to the list, i got dinged as well!