Law School Discussion

Tulane's Recent Jump in Rankings

Tulane's Recent Jump in Rankings
« on: March 28, 2005, 04:48:21 PM »
Hi,

I've seen this referred to a few times.  Apparently Tulane has climbed up to # 41 in the latest "rankings."  If I check USN&WR I don't see this reflected.  Could someone please send me the source on this? 

Cheers,

Drew   

Re: Tulane's Recent Jump in Rankings
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 08:22:24 PM »
I've actually heard the same thing.  I think it will be reflected when the new rankings come out in mid-April, I think right now it's just been leaked, but yeah, I have it on good authority that this is the case.......

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:30:45 PM »
Thanks 'waitlisthellll,'

Mid-April as in the day after deposits are due, eh?  Go figure.  Oh well, I'm pretty much set on Tulane, but this would make the decision that much easier...

Drew   

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »
Hey Homer,
  did you go to one of the accepted days few weeks back?? I thought it was great.  I knew there was no way in hell they were staying ranked at 56, that was just a fluke yr.  I'm definitely going to Tulane now, even if I get off one of the 6 WLs I'm on.  with Tulane's jump to 41 and Emory's fall to 32, suddenly fighting to get off of Emory's WL just doesn't seem so impt...3 yrs in New Orleans at a tier one school?  One could do worse, even w. a 165.  Tulane will crack the top 30 w.in the next 4 yrs.....

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 09:49:38 PM »
The rankings officially come out on April 1st.  But certain Barnes and Nobles stores apparently have started to sell the rankings guides -- as of a few days ago.  So, it does appear that Tulane has been ranked 41st again.

But I don't think it's really a jump that should reflect any change at Tulane.  More correctly it could be called a correction.  Last year's ranking was, indeed, a fluke (actually, it was a product of US News's bad methodology, but whatever).

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 05:59:22 AM »
They are indeed ranked #41. I purchased a copy at Barnes and Noble yesterday.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 09:08:26 AM »
Thanks all,

Nola Tiger, would you mind sharing with me where UC Davis, UC Hastings, and Denver now stand? 

Drew

Mr Belding

• What a tool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »
Yes Tulane rules.

I am certain they are also better than UMD and the others tied with them. Especially GMU

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 09:25:35 AM »
I don't have the book with me right now.  If you check in the rankings section or on XOXO you might find the info.

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 08:48:10 PM »
I knew there was no way in hell they were staying ranked at 56, that was just a fluke yr.

I agree.  After walking into the building, talking with the students and faculty, and sitting in on a class, I was like what the hell is going on with the rankings?  I said to myself there is no way this is the 56th best law school in the country.  I think #41 is even low.  I bet within the next 3-5 years they settle in around 30.