Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt is rejecting over the phone if you call...  (Read 1891 times)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt is rejecting over the phone if you call...
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 06:59:39 PM »
Some news to brighten everyone's day:  if you, too, would like to learn that "unfortunately, Boalt Hall is unable to offer you a place in next yrs class," just call and furnish your name and SS number.  They'll give you the good news if they've decided...or, you can just wait for your letter...

So essentially you are rejected if they don't tell you you have been admitted over the phone. If they just tell you a decision has been made, then you are a reject? is that the gist?

seems to me Boalt rejects you pretty explicitly over the phone.

dreamer1

• Sr. Citizen
  • CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 07:19:06 PM »
Some news to brighten everyone's day:  if you, too, would like to learn that "unfortunately, Boalt Hall is unable to offer you a place in next yrs class," just call and furnish your name and SS number.  They'll give you the good news if they've decided...or, you can just wait for your letter...

So essentially you are rejected if they don't tell you you have been admitted over the phone. If they just tell you a decision has been made, then you are a reject? is that the gist?

seems to me Boalt rejects you pretty explicitly over the phone.

What about the second half of that paragraph? "They will give you the good news if they have decided..or...?"
Attending: Columbia Law School

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 07:20:52 PM »
i think the OP was being sarcastic.

thefaceman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 07:30:03 PM »
I never applied, but I felt like a ding so I called...it worked.
But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.

JCHeff1979

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 07:37:24 PM »
Oh yah, they'll tell ya. And they were really nice about it. Funny thing was since I knew I was dung anyway, I didn't really care when he told me it was a denia, but the dude sounded like he was bracing himself for me sobbing or pleading or something. He was quite taken aback with my "oh well, thanks for checking have a good one". I think he expected more.
Shine on you crazy diamond
163 3.4
Attending: TULANE

dreamer1

• Sr. Citizen
  • CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 07:40:42 PM »
I called today and I got a rather cryptic " A decision has been made...and your letter should be going out tomorrow..." I was actually really happy to know a decision has been made. I need closure. Marked up my calendar calculating the days it would take to arrive in the east coast.
Attending: Columbia Law School