Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Reserve" at Cornell  (Read 6641 times)

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: "Reserve" at Cornell
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005, 12:34:07 PM »
good for you laestrella! I on the other hand am a rankings whore through and through, and would go to Georgetown or Cornell in an instant if they looked my way. But, in the end, here's to us both becoming good lawyers, or at least good people with law degree's one day.

jblawguy

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005, 12:36:25 PM »
good for you laestrella! I on the other hand am a rankings whore through and through, and would go to Georgetown or Cornell in an instant if they looked my way. But, in the end, here's to us both becoming good lawyers, or at least good people with law degree's one day.

Where are you going if the reserve/wait-lists don't work out, siehead?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 12:40:27 PM »

lol...I second that motion. 

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 01:53:30 PM »

Where are you going if the reserve/wait-lists don't work out, siehead?
As of right now it looks like USC, the alumni is good and I will likely end up in Los Angeles so it isn't that bad of a backup for me. However, I am itching to get out of LA for a few years and would probably go to any of the 8 schools that haven't rejected me yet if given the chance (although I would have to think hard about UTA if they happen to accept me).

jblawguy

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 10:00:48 PM »
Has Cornell moved at all on the reserve list? Thanks!

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 12:38:45 PM »
Good question, my guess is no. Except maybe perhaps for a select few.

OnDayAtaTime

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »
I got another letter telling me about my continuing reserve status. ( I was reserved in December) They said I would hear more at the end of May. I am so sick of this.

carly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 12:49:02 PM »
I'm in the same boat as all of you. Personally, I don't care so much about Cornell anymore because I'm very happy with BC. I also have relatives who went to Cornell Law and they both said that because of the school's location, you have to really be in the top half of the class to have good prospects for employment. Who knows. I just wish the wait with Cornell would be over.

gratefuldead1212

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
This is to give hope to all those people on the reserve, I just got accepted off of it!!!!!  I did put in a nominal amount of effort after I found out about being on reserve (btw found out in Dec, accepted June 6); I sent a new letter of recommendation from what I was doing this year, emailed them saying that if they offered me a seat I would accept, and I showed up at the admissions in Ithaca expressing my interest.  If you want it bad enough, make moves.   Not a guarantee, but there is still hope