Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Reserve" at Cornell  (Read 6392 times)

avalanchefan

Re: "Reserve" at Cornell
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 07:30:28 PM »
I got the reserve letter today too.

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 10:44:21 PM »
OK, I have some questions.  Where are you all geographically (those who got the reserve letter today) and whne did you notice that you got the decision prompt on the status check?  I just saw that I was at decision today, I think I last checked on Fri.  No e-mail yet, from what I've heard that's normal, but I'm fully 100% expecting a reserver at best.
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 05:11:17 PM »
I got placed on the "reserve" list too, and am not pleased about it. Sent in a letter along with the post card (did anyone else get a postcard with a "Columbia University Library 250th anniversary" stamp on it? That was pretty friggin' weird.)

tealight

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 04:17:46 PM »
The e-mail of withdrawal; is it not a beautiful thing?  I think of all the schools, Cornell has really been stringing people along.  I understand that they have a small class, but wouldn't you almost rather just be put on a wait list or rejected?  This half-nowhere situation is unbearable.

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:38:38 AM »
I too have been placed on reserve.  I am also on Georgetown's waiting list.  It's bad enough that we had to wait so long to get a decision and now we have to wait even longer.  But I am definitely not taking myself off the list.  I feel like I deserve a decision.  I think that we all do, no matter what the outcome.  I would only take myself off if I felt that I would not go and to increase other peoples chances.  I wish all of you the best of luck
Attending: GW

NontradMike

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »
just found out today - i guess they mailed me a letter on tues. - i emailed the office - they let me know back by email that i was on reserve.  sure wish i could be happier about it, but its tough - i'd rather go there than harvard or upenn... in fact, if i don't get in cornell, i'm not going to school this year - i'll wait a year instead and try again next year.
3.13/170 Non-trad (36 y/o), good luck to all (but please don't take my space)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=anyhoo

NontradMike

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 10:31:02 PM »
helloooooooo....
3.13/170 Non-trad (36 y/o), good luck to all (but please don't take my space)
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=anyhoo

jblawguy

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 11:33:26 AM »
I got placed on the "reserve" list too, and am not pleased about it. Sent in a letter along with the post card (did anyone else get a postcard with a "Columbia University Library 250th anniversary" stamp on it? That was pretty friggin' weird.)

Very environmental of them. Has anyone heard anything new from Cornell or are they still waiting until May to look at the reserve list?

jblawguy

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 11:40:38 AM »
I too have been placed on reserve.  I am also on Georgetown's waiting list.  It's bad enough that we had to wait so long to get a decision and now we have to wait even longer.  But I am definitely not taking myself off the list.  I feel like I deserve a decision.  I think that we all do, no matter what the outcome.  I would only take myself off if I felt that I would not go and to increase other peoples chances.  I wish all of you the best of luck
You would go to Cornell rather than stick with GWU and hope for a change at Georgetown? It seems simpler to just stick with a plan on living in DC rather than moving at the last minute to Ithaca, especially since Georgetown and GW are such good schools as is.

laestrella

• MSN Messenger - laestrella26@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - laestrella26
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 11:51:50 AM »
I too have been placed on reserve. I am also on Georgetown's waiting list. It's bad enough that we had to wait so long to get a decision and now we have to wait even longer. But I am definitely not taking myself off the list. I feel like I deserve a decision. I think that we all do, no matter what the outcome. I would only take myself off if I felt that I would not go and to increase other peoples chances. I wish all of you the best of luck
You would go to Cornell rather than stick with GWU and hope for a change at Georgetown? It seems simpler to just stick with a plan on living in DC rather than moving at the last minute to Ithaca, especially since Georgetown and GW are such good schools as is.

I've pretty much decided on GW.  I think that it's a great school.  But I don't think that I would get off of Cornell's reserve nor Georgetown's waiting list.  I wouldn't be thrilled about moving to Ithaca either.  Right now I would like to get a decision from both schools.  I haven't submitted any supplemental information so I'm not expecting much neither am I dissapointed.  Being accepted to a good law school was my aim, and I've reached that.  I'm just looking forward to doing what ultimately matters:becoming a good lawyer.
Attending: GW