Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell  (Read 1540 times)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cornell
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:07:56 PM »
My rejection finally came today in the thinnest envelope I've ever seen.  But it's ok, the letter was actually very nice.  It even said to remember that they accept a limited number of transfer students in the second year based solely on performance during the first year of law school and that if Cornell is my first choice, they encourage me to apply for a transfer. 

I really was a very encouraging letter.  Much more than I expected for a denial.

larson

Re: Cornell
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 05:11:42 PM »
Would you mind sharing your numbers?

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:35:07 PM »
Would you mind sharing your numbers?

Its really not necessary.  My LSAT was below their range but it was my dream school so I gave it a shot.  You shouldn't base your odds on my decision.  I'm just offering a timeline for others who also went to decision last Tues.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »
I got mine today.  I was hoping against all odds for the waitlist. Sigh. I had a different take on the letter. While I thought it was nice, the way I read it told me "just because you didn't get in here doesn't mean you won't do well at some OTHER law school. Now put your Ivy delusions to rest and go back to your own TTT playground which is where you belong. HTH." Ok, so maybe I'm embellishing a bit.  ;D
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

wongsb

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 06:26:09 PM »
I was chucked out by Cornell too today. 

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 06:53:47 PM »
I got mine today.  I was hoping against all odds for the waitlist. Sigh. I had a different take on the letter. While I thought it was nice, the way I read it told me "just because you didn't get in here doesn't mean you won't do well at some OTHER law school. Now put your Ivy delusions to rest and go back to your own third tier toilet playground which is where you belong. HTH." Ok, so maybe I'm embellishing a bit.  ;D

OK, so maybe that is what they meant, but it was stated in a very nice way.  Some of the other letters I've gotten were closer to "Thanks for your interest in our school.  Your check is welcome, but you aren't!"

:P

BobBucks

• AOL Instant Messenger - barbqsauce
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:09:30 PM »
I'm out too. I had honestly gotten my hopes up for a WL/ deferral. Oh well, my Northwestern hopes are still alive.
2.83 accounting (TOSU)
171 LSAT
Attending: NORTHWESTERN!!!!!

: (

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 02:32:30 PM »
My rejection arrived today (3/29), postmarked 3/23.  Cornell is full of pretentious hippies, anyway.

vivi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 12:19:02 PM »
I am still waiting for mine. Called today and the answer was "no decision"
What do they mean? How long has the admissions comeety been sitting on my file? ???

AndyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 11:51:34 PM »
I applied to Cornell on Jan 17. I've been checking their online status check function, and it was finally changed to "decision" just today. Hopefully I'll hear soon, though my prospects aren't great.

Accepted: Tulane, American, Brooklyn, DePaul, Loyola (New Orleans)
WL: W&L
Rejected: Texas, Georgetown, George Washington, U Washington
Tapping my foot for: Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Boalt, Georgia, Cornell, Northwestern, Yeshiva Cardozo, George Mason