Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers- Newark  (Read 672 times)

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Rutgers- Newark
« on: March 28, 2005, 01:35:09 PM »
When are the seat deposits due? 

I got a deferral awhile back, so I'm just wondering when they'll get to making a decision.

Also, has anyone been on deferral at Rutgers-Newark and then been since admitted or denied?

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers- Newark
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 01:38:43 PM »
April 1. Just sent mine in today.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Thanks Nylo - I'm so sick of waiting! 

I pretty much decided that if I get into Rutgers, I'll go there (even though I liked CUNY better). If I don't get in, then I'm going to defer CUNY for a year b/c it's just not possible for us to move into NYC from NJ at this point (my partner is at rutgers-newark now).

So, i'm waiting to hear so I know whether I'm going to law school this year or not!!!

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:54:43 PM »
I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

Can your partner put in a good word for you to Walton & Co? It definitely won't hurt, and who knows, maybe that'll be enough to push them off the fence in your favor.

On a side note, I got dinged from CUNY. Oh well - can't win 'em all!

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:57:54 PM »
I dont think my partner knows anyone in admissions in order to have it help, ya know?  I did mention in my "letter of interest" that Rutgers is my top choice and I talked about how my partner is a student there and how I've seen her grow and i've witnessed the great education she's got...and that i've been on campus and know so many students and know that i'll fit in.

we'll see. hopefully i wont have to wait tooooo much longer!  the deferral letter said mid to late April.

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 04:43:53 PM »
Well your gf knows Dean Deustch and that's good enough. Six degrees of separation, baby!

Tis Another Day

• AOL Instant Messenger - sunyeo78
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 10:32:01 AM »
If the seating deposits are due and we are still waiting for answers..what does that mean?