Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stanford Rejection-just call!  (Read 4674 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
Re: Stanford Rejection-just call!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »
I just called.

I was told that no decision has been made on my file yet, but the class is full and the best I could hope for was to be 'invited' to their waitlist. (Invited was his word, not mine). [He also offered the full class factoid unsolicited; I didn't ask, but I was about to.].
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

dreamer1

• Sr. Citizen
  • CLS '08
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2005, 06:06:02 PM »
I don't quite understand why they are holding on to some apps for so long. It does apper to me like their class if full, since they accepted so many people from LSN and LSN represents only a fraction of LS applicants...But I love their admin people, so friendly and nice.
Attending: Columbia Law School

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2005, 06:08:59 PM »
dreamer-- That was appreciated too. He was really nice. [I've had nothing but good experiences calling adcomms though; I've been lucky]. I suspect a ding is in my future, but that's cool; if I was them, I probably would have dinged me too. They can do better. ;).

[Certainly much nicer than Yale. They say not to call them on their page, and also to email them if you have an upcoming deadline. I respected their wishes, didn't call, wrote the email, and.... got absolutely no response.]
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine