Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IU-Bloomington. No word Yet  (Read 1012 times)

futebol4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
IU-Bloomington. No word Yet
« on: March 28, 2005, 11:49:01 AM »
I noticed one of the other posts that the commit date for IU-Bloomington is April 8th and Ive yet to hear back from them.  I am genuinly interested in attending if admitted and wondering if I should give them a call to see what the deal is.  I generally dont like to harrass the admissions staff but do you think in this case its a decent idea?  Also, if I do call, whats the best approach to take.  Any input would be much appreciated
Attending:
In: Santa Clara ($$), Arizona State, Chicago-Kent (withdrawn)
Out: UC-Hastings
WL: Wisconsin, Colorado, Arizona, San Diego (withdrawn), Loyola-LA (withdrawn), UC-Davis

ilsox7

Re: IU-Bloomington. No word Yet
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:50:46 AM »
They are cool there.  When did you go complete?  Also, they seem pretty open about extending their committ date.  Just call and ask if you can check the status of your app.  They will probly tell you that you are complete and should hear by a certain date.  They dio that for me and were not lying at all!

futebol4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:54:15 AM »
I think I went complete towards to end of February.  I got my app. in kind of late.  Im not sure what to think about my chances at this point anyways.  I figure Ill probably get waitlisted.
Attending:
WL: Wisconsin, Colorado, Arizona, San Diego (withdrawn), Loyola-LA (withdrawn), UC-Davis

Bobbyb7190

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 05:50:55 PM »
I got my stuff into Indiana pretty late, early Feb., and my acceptance letter is dated March 17th (I recieved the letter around the 21st or 22nd).  Considering that time period, I bet you'll hear next week.  The notification date that I have is April 17.  Do any of you all know what Bloomington is like?  I'll be going there for sure, so I'd kind of like to get a feel for the area.
So the Hoosiers lost Ewing?

ilsox7

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 05:52:26 PM »
I got my stuff into Indiana pretty late, early Feb., and my acceptance letter is dated March 17th (I recieved the letter around the 21st or 22nd).  Considering that time period, I bet you'll hear next week.  The notification date that I have is April 17.  Do any of you all know what Bloomington is like?  I'll be going there for sure, so I'd kind of like to get a feel for the area.

There have been many, many threads about Bloomington.  I know b/c I contributed to them.  Do a search and you will find a ton of info.

futebol4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 06:01:52 PM »
I called IU earlier this week and they said that I would receive a decision mid to late April.  Im very much expecting a rejection.
Attending:

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »
Don't be too sure about that...I have until May 2 to respond.  If I don't get more money from them, I am not sure I can afford to go.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 10:55:45 PM »
Feel free to pm, IM or e-mail me.  I'm finishing up undergrad and really considering the law school.

carly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 09:09:34 AM »
Hey HippieLawChick,

You and I both received our acceptances at the same time. I take it that they didn't give you any money. Same here. Do you think that there is a chance that they have any left?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 09:44:04 AM »
carly: I did get some money, but not enough. I am not sure what I am going to do now...I am still hoping WI takes me off hold.