Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L stands for "Wait Longer" to make a decision  (Read 2572 times)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
W&L stands for "Wait Longer" to make a decision
« on: March 28, 2005, 11:47:18 AM »
I'm fully expecting to get rejected by W&L. I consider myself to be an auto-reject by them. But seriously, this is getting rediculous. Just reject me already! This is the only school I still have pending (I count waitlists as at least some kind of decision).

When I called way back in early February to check on the status they said "All decisions will be made by April 1."  At the time I figured they were just saying that to get me off their back. But I guess they are really sticking to that. It looks like the first batch of rejections went out last week. Perhaps there is a new batch due out this week. But based on what I was told by the Admissions secretary, I wonder if they will actually wait until April 1st to print and mail the rejections.

That having been said, I'll probably find the letter tonight.

Oh yeah, and I went complete way back in November.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile
Re: W&L stands for "Wait Longer" to make a decision
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 11:53:48 AM »
I'm still waiting too, and I applied in early December!

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:54:17 AM »
I'm with you. Except this problem is plaguing me at several other schools as well. Enough is enough. UNC is particularly bad saying that if a decision hasn't been made by April 1 then you are waitlisted or denied." What is that? Why couldn't they just send those letters out too. There really should be a mandatory uniform policy that applies to all schools so they wouldn't have all of these problems and students wouldn't have to wait in the dark. Oh, and they gave me a fee waiver...why do they tempt me so?
Best of Luck
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

lex19

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:04:09 PM »
I'm fully expecting to get rejected by W&L. I consider myself to be an auto-reject by them. But seriously, this is getting rediculous. Just reject me already! This is the only school I still have pending (I count waitlists as at least some kind of decision).

When I called way back in early February to check on the status they said "All decisions will be made by April 1."  At the time I figured they were just saying that to get me off their back. But I guess they are really sticking to that. It looks like the first batch of rejections went out last week. Perhaps there is a new batch due out this week. But based on what I was told by the Admissions secretary, I wonder if they will actually wait until April 1st to print and mail the rejections.

That having been said, I'll probably find the letter tonight.

Oh yeah, and I went complete way back in November.

i'm in the same position and it sucks, these schools are playing a very cruel joke on all of us

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 12:17:51 PM »
I was just told by the admissions office that my letter will be in a batch postmarked April 1st, and that I can call on Friday to talk to an admissions counselor.  agggghhhh. 
Going to William & Mary!

BigRedWarEagle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
Applied in December?  Oh please.  My application was there on September 3rd, so I don't want to hear any whining from you December applicants!
You are not your job.

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:23:25 PM »
Applied in December?  Oh please.  My application was there on September 3rd, so I don't want to hear any whining from you December applicants!

Ditto for me...
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

lex19

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 12:32:10 PM »
I was just told by the admissions office that my letter will be in a batch postmarked April 1st, and that I can call on Friday to talk to an admissions counselor. agggghhhh.

so, when/if you do call on friday did they mention what the admissions officer will be able to tell you; ie your status for this fall?????

BigRedWarEagle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »
Waitlisted.
You are not your job.

sejul

• Sr. Citizen
  • I bow to your feathered hair, JM.
    • View Profile