Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bling Bling at Emory  (Read 1908 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Bling Bling at Emory
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 02:59:44 PM »
They had a "scholarship application" with their app.  It was mostly financial info and stuff.  No essays.

I think they award merit scholarships mostly just by the appliation, need based aid they use the scholarship app, and for the Woodruff Scholarships (full tuition, I think) you need to be nominated and I'd imagine write an essay/interview for it.  I missed the deadline for that though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GatorKevin1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 03:02:22 PM »
I guess that Timmy's scholarship is now bequeathed to Jacy...and I saw that Andi already secured half of that.  Jacy and Andi: I was thinking that maybe you guys could each give me 1/3 of your cash after the split.  Thus, Timmy's money will be divided nicely between the three of us and we can all reap the benefits of his success. Deal?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 03:09:32 PM »
Ha!  I never agreed to give anyone anythign!  It's all mine!  Muhahhaha! >:D

Seriously though, sure, I'll share.  We just need Emory to realize we deserve it.  I'm seriously considering writing a letter to ask for a little more.

Timmy - was your award need based or merit based, if you don't mind my asking?

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »
Ha!  I never agreed to give anyone anythign!  It's all mine!  Muhahhaha! >:D

Seriously though, sure, I'll share.  We just need Emory to realize we deserve it.  I'm seriously considering writing a letter to ask for a little more.

Timmy - was your award need based or merit based, if you don't mind my asking?

Only 1/4 of the class receive anything from them. 

timmy76

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 06:05:25 PM »
merit.  I will qualify for no need based aid most likely

avh00a

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 06:19:16 PM »
I just got a letter today where they explained that they would not be offering me a scholarship. 

That pretty much eliminates Emory from consideration for me, especially with the Texas acceptance that I got today with my in-state residency.

avh00a

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 07:02:12 PM »
I just got a letter today where they explained that they would not be offering me a scholarship. 

That pretty much eliminates Emory from consideration for me, especially with the Texas acceptance that I got today with my in-state residency.

Do you mind share numbers?  I checked the online system and do not see any scholarship listed for my account.  I am assuming that I am not getting anything.  My statistics are 170+/3.06. 

I have a 3.98 and a split 160/166, so your LSAT is a lot higher.  Don't give up hope.  I do think they are a little stingy with the money though.

The Truth

• Sr. Citizen
  • Running the Race Figuratively (MS pic sample)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 07:24:38 PM »
I hope you are using those Vandy and Emory funds to try to get Duke money if they havent given you anything. The worst Duke can say is no they wont match b/c they are better than Vandy and Emory, but they may give out Value Meal money which is better than nothing as they offer a little more to beat the other Southern institutions of stature, lol.

I am about to withdraw from Duke soon and put the money they gave me back in the pot (45K) as I got full tuition at NYU and a little less than $50K at Chicago and am hoping for good news from Columbia and Penn soon.

Good luck with your decision

I am sorry I already threw out the envelope so I don't know the postmark date.  I live in North Carolina.  I am not gonna take it.  I am almost certaintly going to Duke, so yes, you can have it jacy:)  I will withdraw tomorrow to free the funds back up.  But the scholarship offers are going out!!!  Vandy and Emory in the last week, get excited. 
The One, The Only, The Truth...
Attending: PENN$$$
W/D after Acc.(had next, LOL): NYU$$$,CLS$,CHI$$,GTown$$$,Duke$$,TX$$,NU(loans),Cornell?
WL'ed & then W/D: HLS(after hold), SLS
Rej: NONE
The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing but The Truth
Don't Hate Me, Because You Ain't Me (J/K, LOL)

Kevin83

• 167 / 3.6
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GatorKevin1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »
For those who have received merit scholarship at Emory, can you verify whether or not that award shows up in your online account (through OPUS)?

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 11:16:55 PM »
For those who have received merit scholarship at Emory, can you verify whether or not that award shows up in your online account (through OPUS I believe)? 

Yes, GREAT question.  I want to know.