Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Its crunch time  (Read 682 times)

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
Its crunch time
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:23:14 AM »
I gave myself a deadline of March 31 to make my decision, and its getting close to that time.  I've got it narrowed down to BC and Northeastern.  I like NU's coop program a lot, they gave me a bit of money, and their location is a bit more convenient for where I'll be living next year.  I like BC's campus (its very much like where I am now), their atmosphere seems really friendly, and clearly its ranked much higher.  If you were in my position, which would you choose?  Any input would greatly help, thanks so much!
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

jdw112

Re: Its crunch time
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 08:45:23 AM »
BC, without a doubt. If you wantto practice in Boston, or nearby, you have to realize that there will be loads of competition. You'll already have the Harvard grads taking bites before you, and BU grads maybe before/at same time, why add more schools to the list. This may not be anough, I guess. What do you want to do after graduation? What exactly is a bit of money? Certain figures might justify Northeastern over BC in the eyes of some, so it's to your benefit to draw an accurate picture for us.

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:56:58 AM »
$7500/year.  Not something that I would say is going to make a big difference, considering how much I'm going to be in debt anyway

jdw112

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »
-_-

Are you kidding...
This isn't exactly the kind of decision one would commit seppuku over. I think its pretty clear.

lex19

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 10:16:11 AM »
there's nothing to think about, go to BC, and in boston they're second to harvard, b/c of the strong alumni connection..and they still have a great reputation in the northeast

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 07:22:17 PM »
Thanks so much for the input, you two.  Anyone else have an opinion?  Am I completly crazy to be even thinking about Northeastern?  I'd love to hear input from someone who was also accepted to both, and why you're choosing what you're choosing, or anyone with an opinion at all

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 08:58:44 PM »
I think if you're goal isn't big time corporate law (not that you couldn't do that at NU) or if you want to go into public interest law or if you do a lot better in a non traditional setting (which is probably not true at you were good enough to get into BC) you might want to consider NU.  I'm considering NU (I didn't apply to BC because I wasn't really seriously considering Boston) over some better ranked schools because it is really different and looks really interesting, but if you're looking for the big $ you'll have an easier time at BC without a doubt, but I don't think any doors are really closed to you by going to NU, but I could be wrong.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings