Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Winners & Losers of the 2006 Rankings  (Read 9641 times)

tstein

Re: Winners & Losers of the 2006 Rankings
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 02:14:09 PM »

Go Huskers.  Was that because of the library improvements, you think?

I am not sure- I havn't seen the rankings myself to compare them to last years. The library looks very nice, though I don't think it could have pushed them up 12 spots alone. The some of the class rooms are a bit outdated, but they are in the process of up grading them. It may have helped a bit.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 02:27:23 PM »
FSU made a nice jump as well, up 11 spots i think.

Go...ummm...noles?

I hear America singing

• Sr. Citizen
  • How do you do?
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Weblog!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 02:27:49 PM »
I hope MC goes up to T3 before I graduate.

They just built a new building that effectively doubles their campus, they're in the process of building a third, and they're in the process of remodeling every classroom in the school, as well as the library.

They now have those cool Tiffany study lamps and the buttons that make the shelves whoosh by.
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Visit my weblog!  www.sweetblessedfreedom.blogs pot.com

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 04:02:20 PM »
I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me, but I saw Pace drop to tier 4 in the rankings. If this is true, this definitely deserves honorable mention for the #1 stunner. Was Pace really on the bottom of tier 3 all of this time?

A.J

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 04:04:24 PM »
WTF, these are not out yet.   ???

Whats the deal?

A.J

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 04:07:52 PM »
Ok but where did they come from?  How do you know they're valid?

jdw112

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 04:10:38 PM »
Isn't it hard to say who was at the bottom of tier 3? If memory serves me, tiers 3 & 4 are unranked. It is kinda scary though. If they fell to tier 4 from what could have been a cozy position in tier 3, there may be choppy waters ahead. If they were on death's doorstep the whole time then no one would really care.

I don't know if my eyes are deceiving me, but I saw Pace drop to tier 4 in the rankings. If this is true, this definitely deserves honorable mention for the #1 stunner. Was Pace really on the bottom of tier 3 all of this time?

America's Next Top Lawyer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Free at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 04:15:32 PM »
Isn't it hard to say who was at the bottom of tier 3? If memory serves me, tiers 3 & 4 are unranked. It is kinda scary though. If they fell to tier 4 from what could have been a cozy position in tier 3, there may be choppy waters ahead. If they were on death's doorstep the whole time then no one would really care.

tiers 3 & 4 are unranked in the magazine. However, US News does compute a score for each school for ranking purposes. They may withhold the overall score in the magazine in order to give all t3 and t4 a fair shake.

edalb007

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 04:30:39 PM »
Hooray for McGeorge! Makes my acceptance/scholarship there much more appealing.

jessesamuel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 04:50:43 PM »
the overall score is available in the premium online edition for t3 and t4. but not for 2006 yet.