Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Finally made my decision  (Read 802 times)

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
Finally made my decision
« on: March 27, 2005, 02:04:40 PM »
And the winner is...Rutgers Newark!  Its weird, I only applied to Rutgers Newark and Camden because my parents made me (I'm a NJ resident so that was probably a good idea) and I decided to go look at it on Friday so that I could compare it to my first choice-ASU.  I really liked it.  I have to say, I really felt like I'll be comfortable there so I'm really happy with my decision.  I'm also psyched about finally not having to worry about everything involved with the application process. 

Is anyone else planning on attending Rutgers Newark next year?  If so please feel free to IM me or email me.  I'm gonna need a roommate (Hoboken is my first choice, I figure I can swing about a grand a month in rent--because of loans, not because I'm loaded).

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
Re: Finally made my decision
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 03:20:20 PM »
hey that's great, congrats on your decision and acceptances.

if seton hall or rutgers-n (both reaches) would accept me, i'd most likely pack my bags and take off.  until then, i guess i'm leaning on duquesne.  9 pendings is wearing me out ;)

i also would lean toward hoboken if attending.  an ex-girlfriend lives in the area and raves about it, talking about vicinity to schools, social atmosphere, etc.  i think she's moving in with 2 other girls in hoboken in april, and is going to be paying around $800/month in a nice house.

does rutgers offer any "roommate finding" services or anything of the sort?  you could really save some money, i assume.
post-3L

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »
yeah, they offer help finding roommates which is good because I'll need it.  I also have a friend who said that she would consider moving up there with me if she finds a job which would be cool.  I'll probably go up there in a few weeks with my parents and look around the area and try to get the lay of the land in order to figure out where the best places to live are. 

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 06:57:23 PM »
Congratulations!

I'm curious why you decided on Rutgers; If I remember correctly, you were pretty much set on ASU weren't you?
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »
That's unexpected! But congratulations all the same!
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

mattb23

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 07:10:06 PM »
congrats on your decision and best of luck :)

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:04:41 PM »
another great area to live in is Montclair...

You can get a 1 bedroom all to yourself for $1000...

The town is a real estate hot market bc we have TONS of nice restaurants, shops, arts, theater, diversity, etc...

The Direct train takes you to Newark in like 12 mins...
Or you can drive there in 12-25 mins (depending on traffic)...

Hoboken is too full of drunken yuppies for me...

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 08:15:58 PM »
Congrats on making a tough decision

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 07:32:12 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes!  I was a little surprised myself when I realized that I actually didn't want to go to ASU anymore.  It had nothing to do with the school, which as you'll remember I loved.  It had everything to do with the fact that no matter how hard I tried to convince myself otherwise, I just was not ready to move across the country alone.  And I'm happy with my decision.  I can still go to Arizona for the summer or go one year as a visiting student so I haven't given up on the idea completely.

Nylo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 04:28:05 PM »
Another future classmate. Woohoo!

Re: roommates. I believe Sixpeanuts is looking for one - IM her for details.

See you in August!