Law School Discussion

Still haven't heard from UCLA, USC, or UVA

Still haven't heard from UCLA, USC, or UVA
« on: March 27, 2005, 08:45:50 AM »
And I applied to all of them in mid-November. (Sill no change in status on the UVA website)

Is it really possible that they haven't gotten to my application yet? Why not just waitlist me if they're not sure?

I actually don't think I have a shot at UVA (LSAT 165, GPA 3.6, graduated from Princeton with honors), but I'm hoping on either UCLA or USC (I'm out of state).

InVinoVeritas

• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • View Profile
Re: Still haven't heard from UCLA, USC, or UVA
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 08:50:09 AM »
that's quite a long time.  since it's getting late in the game, i'd call them and just check to make sure you're app is complete.

also, you should have an advantage as an out-of-state applicant at USC since it seems like they're trying to broaden the geographic base of their student body.  but, they're also trying to raise their median numbers so, for you, it may be a wash in the end.

good luck!

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:34:56 AM »
Thanks, yeah I've made sure my application is complete for all three, so I'm not sure what's really going on. 

This is getting crazy!

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 08:18:58 PM »
Those numbers seem pretty close to mine 3.77, 164 and I was accepted to UCLA, didn't apply to USC (didnt really want to go to University of Spoiled Children) however you should be hearing soon. They usually go through similar numbers around the same time, at least thats the impression that I get. Would you go to UCLA if they said yes?

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 04:34:31 AM »
Those numbers seem pretty close to mine 3.77, 164 and I was accepted to UCLA, didn't apply to USC (didnt really want to go to University of Spoiled Children) however you should be hearing soon. They usually go through similar numbers around the same time, at least thats the impression that I get. Would you go to UCLA if they said yes?

I'd have to go visit, but i'm fairly sure i'd go if I got in (from what i've heard/read about the school)  May I ask when you heard?  And were you out of state?

Thanks for the info!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 01:23:21 PM »

I'd have to go visit, but i'm fairly sure i'd go if I got in (from what i've heard/read about the school)  May I ask when you heard?  And were you out of state?

Thanks for the info!

Sure, I heard about 3 weeks ago. I live in CA, but in the bay area (northern CA). UCLA's campus is awesome, I fell in love with it the minute I stepped on to it. Nice grounds, law school, gym, food court, etc. . I can't wait to get there. I talked to a few current students and I get the impression that everyone is real friendly, non-cutthroat types. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:55:11 PM »

Sure, I heard about 3 weeks ago. I live in CA, but in the bay area (northern CA). UCLA's campus is awesome, I fell in love with it the minute I stepped on to it. Nice grounds, law school, gym, food court, etc. . I can't wait to get there. I talked to a few current students and I get the impression that everyone is real friendly, non-cutthroat types. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

That's awesome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Congrats on getting in and thanks again for the info.