Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT practice test compared to the real thing  (Read 5560 times)

harumpha

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
LSAT practice test compared to the real thing
« on: July 17, 2003, 02:58:09 PM »
Well, I just finished my practice test from the lsac website (I ordered a few more from amazon.com, but haven't gotten them yet).  I scored a 171 on it.  Does anyone have any insight as to the correlation between their practice test scores and the real thing?  I am, of course, going to take some more tests to make sure I know more accurately where I am, but I am still curious.

Cheryl

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT practice test compared to the real thing
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 09:50:41 AM »
Hey Cheryl.  In the month preceding my actual LSAT, I took 4 or 5 "official practice LSATs" with fairly consistent results between them (within approx 2-3 points of each other).  My actual LSAT score was well within the practice score grouping.  So I would say if your practice scores are grouped fairly tightly, and the practice test conditions are about what you'll see during the real LSAT, then the practice tests will likely be a very good predictor of your final score.

Good luck.
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

Ownage

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 01:06:11 PM »
I scored a 180. I owns joo.  :P

Hax

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 01:10:57 PM »
Your inquiry is rather idiotic. What you call simply a "practice test" was an actual administered LSAT. Moreover, other people's "correlation" is irrelevant unless they are virtually identical to you.

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 01:46:50 PM »
I took four practice tests before the real thing.  I timed myself carefully to put the pressure on myself.

Practice Scores
156, 156, 154, 156

Real Score

:)

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 02:53:37 PM »
I took probably about 10 practice tests and scored between 163-167 on all of them.  On the actual LSAT I scored a 171.  Go figure. 

You've got it in the bag, Cheryl!

dsds3581

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 06:18:54 PM »
LOL...do you all not look at the dates messages are posted?

ViennaMom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 07:16:17 AM »
I am also very curious to hear how everyone's practice scores compared to their actual score.  In general, it seems like I should expect to fall right in the middle of my practice test range.  This is a little discouraging for me because I want to break 170 and I have only done that on one practice test.  Is there such a thing as too much practice or would all of you experienced people tell me to keep practicing until June?

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 09:01:02 AM »
I took the test slightly over 5 years ago and got my average score (165 with practices between 162-168).

i am now prepping harder and so far have practices ranging from 164-169.  i sometimes think i am overdoing it, and it is pretty disheartening when i get a 169 on a test only to get a 164 on the next one. its frustrating.  im just looking forward to getting it over with to be honest with you.

i doubt i will ever score consistently over 168, but i have taken 8 actual LSATs, and will have taken about 25 more before I take the test. So if i am capable of doing that well consistently, I will certainly get there.

my weak points are games generally, i have missed from 5 games questions up to 11, but average around 8 or 9. 

i also will make careless mistakes in LR that will generally cost me a question per test.  and on RC, i usually do well, but have botched a couple by spending too much time on an early question and throwing off the timing.

i hate the LSAT.

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 10:36:55 AM »
LOL...do you all not look at the dates messages are posted?

Doh!