Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tennessee, Georgia, Wake Forest  (Read 782 times)

ch537

• AOL Instant Messenger - ch537
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tennessee, Georgia, Wake Forest
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:48:11 PM »
I know that there have been some rejections posted to Tennessee these last few days, but has there been any acceptances to any of the above schools over the last week???    Im looking for some hope here --- is there any?   Chances are im almost certainly 99.5 % out of Georgia and Wake, but any acceptances for   UTK???????
Accepted: Kentucky, Mississippi (attending)
Pending: Georgia, Georgia State
Rejected: Alabama, Wake Forest
Waitlisted: Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Withdrawn & yet still received a rejection letter a month later: Emory
Withdrawn:  Florida
Undergrad: University of Chicago

williamwallace50

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - caveman7321
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tennessee, Georgia, Wake Forest
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »
You're a shoo-in to UTK if you're a resident, if not, then  it is a maybe since I think they accept something like 80% of their students from TN.

ch537

• AOL Instant Messenger - ch537
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 06:31:28 PM »
From Chicago :-(
Accepted: Kentucky, Mississippi (attending)
Pending: Georgia, Georgia State
Rejected: Alabama, Wake Forest
Waitlisted: Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Withdrawn & yet still received a rejection letter a month later: Emory
Withdrawn:  Florida
Undergrad: University of Chicago

DDDDeac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:06:53 AM »
A friend of mine (a tennessee resident) was waitlisted at Wake Forest and rejected at Tennessee - don't take your assumption so seriously!

VolLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »
I talked to the admissions office and they said they would be making a decision on my application this week. So HOPEFULLY we will have and acceptance to talk about by early next week. Another source said they are going through a new set of application right now. And a few weeks ago they said they had a big stack of 50/50 apps they were going through. A friend of mine was in that stack and was denied. It looks like UTs numbers are going to be up this year (maybe a 160 LSAT median) but that is just speculation. Take all this for what you will. It really doesnt mean anything but its fun to talk/vent about until we know for sure.

williamwallace50

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - caveman7321
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2005, 06:03:07 PM »
A friend of mine (a tennessee resident) was waitlisted at Wake Forest and rejected at Tennessee - don't take your assumption so seriously!
Waitlists mean jack and sh*t, and jack left town.

michaelduke

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 07:55:22 PM »
I know that there have been some rejections posted to Tennessee these last few days, but has there been any acceptances to any of the above schools over the last week???    Im looking for some hope here --- is there any?   Chances are im almost certainly 99.5 % out of Georgia and Wake, but any acceptances for   UTK???????

Wake decisions were mailed out on March 31.

kilroy55

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Mad Rambling by Travis
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 01:20:27 AM »
I am currently a graduate student at UTK, and if you go there just remember:  You must go watch football in the fall, everyone does it even grad students and law students (BTW it is a part of your tuition, so go you paid for it).  Live as far away from campus as possible, because during home football games, you will never be able to leave your apartment because you will lose your parking spot, and get stuck in traffic.  It is in the middle of East Tennessee, therefore 5 miles outside of town you are in the middle of nowhere.  It never snows in Knoxville, so if you like winter, kiss it goodbye!  It has mild weather, leaves started coming out a few weeks ago.  Very pretty in fall, summer and spring, looks like North Jersey in the winter (No leaves to block all the slummy looking buildings, chemical plants and industrial plants).  And finally, "Rocky top, you'll always be Home sweet home to me. Good ole rocky top, Rocky top Tennessee." Good luck!     

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 10:04:39 AM »
Going to football games again is the only reason I am going to law school.  ;D

I'm kind of serious.
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"