Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 196421 times)

Franz

Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2005, 11:42:07 PM »
Interesting. Where did you read this? I was under the impression that reputation scores didn't change much from year to year. If anything, our reputation should have gone up. The school has improved a lot in the past few years.

I'm sure Rutgers Camden alums are conspiring against us by giving us low assesements ;) Our friends accross the river are quite the sneaky fellows ;)

Apparently Temple's reputation scores were a 2.6/2.9 this year..I don't know what they were in 05, but in 04 they were 2.6/3.1.  Maybe that had something to do with it.

are you the resident temple troll? those punks wouldnt pay to fly me out. bah.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2005, 11:42:53 PM »
Well, I'm not sure the scores do change all that much.  Like one of the other posters said, the difference in raw score is quite small.  

Even the difference between "tier 1" and "tier 2" isn't significant (one point, of course).

By the way, I'd be careful about listing all the tier three and four... it seems like it borders on a copyright infringement.  And for people who are planning on going to law school, I think we should respect that.

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2005, 12:03:15 AM »
Yes. I frequently bash on Villanova (a dungeon in the middle of paradise) and Rutgers Camden (and you thought North Philly was a tough town...). Penn State is another one of my targets, since they seem h3ll bent on completely gutting Dickinson while telling everyone else otherwise.

I'll even make fun of my own school. You know you go to Penn when you got mugged four times in the past year. You know you go to Temple when you got mugged four times in the past month! ;D I've got a few other jokes to tell, but the faculty that run Trial Team would be really unhappy with me if I told them.

are you the resident temple troll? those punks wouldnt pay to fly me out. bah.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2005, 12:40:27 AM »
Wow I went and visited Pepperdine today and it was freakin gorgeous and now I come home and they've jumped in teh rankings, maybe the gods are telling me something.  They're giving me $ and they're in Malibu, hmmm
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

Franz

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2005, 12:50:11 AM »
Wow I went and visited Pepperdine today and it was freakin gorgeous and now I come home and they've jumped in teh rankings, maybe the gods are telling me something.  They're giving me $ and they're in Malibu, hmmm

oh great, another damn malibu barbie wannabe up in here.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2005, 12:57:56 AM »
I feel so damned good knowing I will be attending a tier 2 school. Hell-yeah, I knew the merger was a double bonus. Beasly, I don't want to hear any of your BS, I know you go to Temple and love to bash other PA schools. Next year Penn St. will be in the 70's, and I will be working in Harrisburg for the summer. I would like to see what happened to the other schools I applied to though - T3's. I especially like how Mercer WL me and fell below Penn St. - serves them right.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2005, 01:18:48 AM »

Well, at least you're into God.  That'll be useful at Pepperdine.

bobo21

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2005, 02:03:34 AM »

She said gods, lower case and plural.  I think Pepperdine is into God.

ZildjianKX

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2005, 02:04:20 AM »

Yeah, no kidding.  I just mailed my Pepperdine waistlist in today, I have no regrets even though I now technically will be going to a TTT (SCU).
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ZildjianKX
Accepted: Santa Clara (will attend 2005 FT), UOP
Waitlisted: University of Oregon, Lewis & Clark, Pepperdine, Loyla LA, UNLV
Rejected: USF, Davis

I am the king of waitlists!

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2005, 02:40:03 AM »

Yeah, no kidding.  I just mailed my Pepperdine waistlist in today, I have no regrets even though I now technically will be going to a TTT (SCU).

I highly doubt SCU's faculty will see the rankings and decide that they should start teaching crappier and grading with lower standards.  It's the same school it was a year ago; some entity just happened to rank it differently.  It has a good rep in the Bay Area, and I'm sure that won't change just over the course of one year.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)