Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 198260 times)

MADZINGER

• View Profile
Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2005, 07:34:35 PM »
here's the 50-100 for you guys, courtesy of xoxo:

52 Baylor, SMU, Pitt, U Tenn Knoxville

56. FSU, U Kentucky

58. ASU, Brooklyn, Cardozo, Loyola LA, U Cincinnati

63. USD, Villanova

65. Chicago-Kent, Rutgers Camden, Temple, Houston

69. Loyola Chicago, Missouri, New Mexico, Oregon

73. Rutgers Newark, St. Louis, Miami, Richmond

77. Lewis & Clark, Pepperdine, St John's, SUNY Buffalo, Nebraska, Oklahoma

83. Seton Hall, Hawaii

85. Catholic, GA State, Northeastern, Louisville, U Miss

90. LSU, Penn State, UNLV, U of SC, U Pacific (McGeorge)

95. Hofstra, Indiana (Indianapolis), SEattle, Syracuse, Denver

100. Marquette, Mercer, Kansas

okay im retarded so i need quidance, does this mean loyola LA is 61? if not then where is 59-62?

Yes indeed, you are retarded.

ahhh...thank you, your so sweet....smart ass, go get a date and take that broom out of your ass

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2005, 07:40:26 PM »
Wow, makes me want to re-consider my CA schools . . . if only they gave me more $$$.

soupnazi

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2005, 07:43:52 PM »
big jump for McGeorge, T3 to 90.  I was more than willing to go there when it was ranked T3, however they waitlisted me.  I'm guessing this isn't going to help my chances of getting off the WL.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2005, 07:47:14 PM »
What's the likelihood of a school ranked 70ish now getting pushed out of T2 and in to T3 within the next 3-5 years? With leaps like Pepperdine and McGeorge, someone's bound to be pushed out.

Who dropped from T2 to make room for McGeorge, anyone know?

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2005, 07:52:40 PM »
Wow, makes me want to re-consider my CA schools . . . if only they gave me more $$$.

Are you really going to reconsider your schools based on these rankings?  Do you really think the schools you are looking at changed that much in a year?  I understand these are influentual, but I wouldn't let today's rankings change your mind if you have already decided on a school.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

Franz

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2005, 07:54:26 PM »

Are you really going to reconsider your schools based on these rankings?  Do you really think the schools you are looking at changed that much in a year?  I understand these are influentual, but I wouldn't let today's rankings change your mind if you have already decided on a school.

maybe she shouldnt have decided 6 years before deposits were due and all decisions were in.  just a thought.

J28calblue

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2005, 07:58:59 PM »
what Happened to Santa Clara and the USF (University of San Francisco) did they both become T3's??

soupnazi

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »
what Happened to Santa Clara and the USF (University of San Francisco) did they both become T3's??

looks like it.  they were both at 94, so I guess they fell 6+ spots.

J28calblue

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2005, 08:02:16 PM »
yeah like bottom 90's 98 or 99 spot I think

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »

maybe she shouldnt have decided 6 years before deposits were due and all decisions were in.  just a thought.

My decision affects other people than just me. I cannot expect my husband to give little notice and still have his job. Not everyone is a lone wolf in this process.

Are you really going to reconsider your schools based on these rankings? Do you really think the schools you are looking at changed that much in a year? I understand these are influentual, but I wouldn't let today's rankings change your mind if you have already decided on a school.

Well, at first I really didn't want to leave CA and if Pepperdine is actually showing an upward trend at this rate, it might be a good idea to stay. When they were 99, you never knew if they were going to drop off into T3. A 40 place difference between 2 schools (UHLC v. Pepperdine) is a hell-of-a-lot more significant than 12 places. It's enough to give pause when the 2 schools you're really considering are heading in different directions (according to USNews).