Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 198613 times)

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »
i didnt apply to bu becuz they seemed more lsat based then bc and when visiting i didnt really like bu but i relaly liked bc- i figured if i got into bu id get into bc and id rather go to bc

Guy Incognito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2005, 10:40:43 PM »
UGA and Emory both take a pretty big fall (relatively).  Why the Georgia hate?
"It's okay, I saw an episode of Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I got the gist of it" - Lionel Hutz

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2005, 10:47:34 PM »
For exactly that reason I'm calling bull on those rankings. I find it very difficult to believe that Villanova ranks ahead of Temple. Both schools have roughly equivalent "reputation," but Temple's LSAT and GPA medians are higher, Temple has better bar passage rates, and Temple has spent a hell of a lot of money over the past few years (per capita spending way up) in faculty hires and facilities improvements.

Villanova's only advantage over Temple, as far as I can tell, is that it's located in a very scenic, wealthy, and safe community, while Temple is, to put it mildly, in a tough part of town.

If the 50-100 rankings are true, I'm surprised that Temple and Cardozo fell.  Even though Pitt fell, it's still 13 places ahead of Temple... huh. 

Random

Fred Hits

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2005, 10:51:29 PM »
id call bull too but it would take some clever ass photo shop to get that photo to look that way

of course it could be the 50+ ranking sare fake

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2005, 10:52:30 PM »
For exactly that reason I'm calling bull on those rankings. I find it very difficult to believe that Villanova ranks ahead of Temple. Both schools have roughly equivalent "reputation," but Temple's LSAT and GPA medians are higher, Temple has better bar passage rates, and Temple has spent a hell of a lot of money over the past few years (per capita spending way up) in faculty hires and facilities improvements.

Villanova's only advantage over Temple, as far as I can tell, is that it's located in a very scenic, wealthy, and safe community, while Temple is, to put it mildly, in a tough part of town.

If the 50-100 rankings are true, I'm surprised that Temple and Cardozo fell.  Even though Pitt fell, it's still 13 places ahead of Temple... huh. 

Random

Apparently Temple's reputation scores were a 2.6/2.9 this year..I don't know what they were in 05, but in 04 they were 2.6/3.1.  Maybe that had something to do with it.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2005, 10:57:48 PM »
Yea, I mean it's possible.  You all are pretending like US News has a good methodology here. 

Still -- it seems curious.  We shall see for sure in five days.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2005, 11:11:28 PM »
What about Stetson,FP,Duqesne,Vermont and Loyola NO? Are they still Tier 3.

My list changes to 4 T2 Reaces,4 T3 Targets and my home T4 safety.

shortckt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rambling Wreck
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »
Yea, I mean it's possible.  You all are pretending like US News has a good methodology here. 

Still -- it seems curious.  We shall see for sure in five days.

I've confirmed the ranking tonight at the local Barnes & Noble.
The magazine is indeed gold in color and costs freaking $9.95!
The rankings listed in the thread is true.

Villanova is ahead of Temple, but the score difference is only 1 (45 vs. 44).
In fact, the score difference is tiny from #49 - #100 (49 - 36).
This is why the schools can jump up and down the list after tier 1.

Santa Clara and USF have both dropped to tier 3, which is too bad.

Stetson,FP,Duqesne,Vermont and Loyola NO are all tier 3.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2005, 11:22:41 PM »
I don't suppose anyone would be willing to post a full list of the third and fourth tiers?  I'm curious about a couple of the schools I applied to in those tiers.

Good to see UoP-McGeorge in the second tier, though.  Everyone was so lovely and nice when I visited a few weeks back, so I'm now kind of partial to them.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2005, 11:37:59 PM »
Interesting. Where did you read this? I was under the impression that reputation scores didn't change much from year to year. If anything, our reputation should have gone up. The school has improved a lot in the past few years.

I'm sure Rutgers Camden alums are conspiring against us by giving us low assesements ;) Our friends accross the river are quite the sneaky fellows ;)

Apparently Temple's reputation scores were a 2.6/2.9 this year..I don't know what they were in 05, but in 04 they were 2.6/3.1.  Maybe that had something to do with it.