Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 201172 times)

mschuell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2005, 08:07:10 PM »

Well, at first I really didn't want to leave CA and if Pepperdine is actually showing an upward trend at this rate, it might be a good idea to stay. When they were 99, you never knew if they were going to drop off into T3. A 40 place difference between 2 schools (UHLC v. Pepperdine) is a hell-of-a-lot more significant than 12 places. It's enough to give pause when the 2 schools you're really considering are heading in different directions (according to USNews).

Fair enough, and I see where you are coming from..it just seems to me that these rankings are so damn volatile that there is a danger in assuming a upward or downward trend from a year or so.
3.35, 163

Attending: Seton Hall
Accepted:  Rutgers-Newark ($), Villanova, Brooklyn ($), Temple($),  American, Seton Hall($), Cardozo PT                      
Rejected: Fordham, GMU
Waitlisted:Pending:  None

grkdud

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2005, 08:08:21 PM »
I thought Santa Clara was U of SC?  What does U of SC stand for?

what Happened to Santa Clara and the USF (University of San Francisco) did they both become T3's??

Franz

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2005, 08:08:36 PM »
Wow, makes me want to re-consider my CA schools . . . if only they gave me more $$$.

Are you really going to reconsider your schools based on these rankings?  Do you really think the schools you are looking at changed that much in a year?  I understand these are influentual, but I wouldn't let today's rankings change your mind if you have already decided on a school.

maybe she shouldnt have decided 6 years before deposits were due and all decisions were in.  just a thought.

My decision affects other people than just me. I cannot expect my husband to give little notice and still have his job. Not everyone is a lone wolf in this process.

Wow, makes me want to re-consider my CA schools . . . if only they gave me more $$$.

Are you really going to reconsider your schools based on these rankings? Do you really think the schools you are looking at changed that much in a year? I understand these are influentual, but I wouldn't let today's rankings change your mind if you have already decided on a school.

Well, at first I really didn't want to leave CA and if Pepperdine is actually showing an upward trend at this rate, it might be a good idea to stay. When they were 99, you never knew if they were going to drop off into T3. A 40 place difference between 2 schools (UHLC v. Pepperdine) is a hell-of-a-lot more significant than 12 places. It's enough to give pause when the 2 schools you're really considering are heading in different directions (according to USNews).

nah, he could give notice either way.

soupnazi

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2005, 08:11:02 PM »
I thought Santa Clara was U of SC?  What does U of SC stand for?

what Happened to Santa Clara and the USF (University of San Francisco) did they both become T3's??

South Carolina

HTH

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2005, 08:13:48 PM »

41. George Mason, Tulane, Alabama, Arizona, Florida, UMD

Guess George Mason can no longer boast about being the fastest rising LS in America . . . it bugged me how they printed that over and over again in their literature.

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2005, 08:18:17 PM »
If the 50-100 rankings are true, I'm surprised that Temple and Cardozo fell.  Even though Pitt fell, it's still 13 places ahead of Temple... huh.  

Random

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2005, 08:55:19 PM »
Case moved up too.  Good for them!

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2005, 08:59:36 PM »
SH*T....Looks like Toledo fell back to TTT.  They managed to go from fourth tier to a 90-something spot in the 2005 rankings... now they appear to have fallen-from-grace.

- Comm-Law

Name Changing Queen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2005, 09:02:39 PM »
SH*T....Looks like Toledo fell back to third tier toilet.  They managed to go from fourth tier to a 90-something spot in the 2005 rankings... now they appear to have fallen-from-grace.

- Comm-Law

They went from tier 4 to 9os in a year?? And then fell back to Tier 2? What is going on over there?
Practice LSATS: 180, 182, 183, 184
Practice GPA: 3.75, 3.81, 4.33

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »
I sure hope that it's true.  Yes!! PENN!! (not that I don't love the Michigan trolls on this site)   ;)

what? did someone say my name?