Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 199494 times)

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not me as a kid, but me in 34 years
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2005, 08:57:50 PM »
Saying only the T14 will help you nationally is ludicris.  GW is ranked #20 by U.S. News but was ranked #15 in a recent study on placement at elite firms nationwide.  Look at the statistics.  You people and your T14 crap crack me up.  No lawyer refers to the "T14" lol.  You are going to hear about the triage, the top 10, top 15, top 20, maybe the top 25, and then "everyone else."

Those studies favor large schools and schools in big markets since they only look at overall numbers and elite firms are in big markets.

Your argument seems incomplete.  What point are you trying to support (honest curiosity here)?

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2005, 09:02:37 PM »
My point is that larger schools have more graduate, therefore it's easier to have more placed in elite firms (the study just counts graduates at the firms and doesn't account for the size of the schools), also a regional school in a big market (DC, New York, Boston) will have more students placed in elite firms because that it where the schools regions are.  My point was infered.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2005, 09:19:02 PM »
My point is that larger schools have more graduate, therefore it's easier to have more placed in elite firms (the study just counts graduates at the firms and doesn't account for the size of the schools), also a regional school in a big market (DC, New York, Boston) will have more students placed in elite firms because that it where the schools regions are.  My point was infered.

I'm not going to tout either of these studies as gospel truth, rather, I point to them as points of actual information as compared to baseless opinion spouted below. 

That said, both of these studies specifically accounted for class size, so I'm not sure if you have read them very carefully.

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2005, 09:28:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Texas one doesn't.  That's the only one I'm familiar with, and I could be wrong.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

limonjello

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Texas one doesn't.  That's the only one I'm familiar with, and I could be wrong.

It does, actually. Also, it was updated and more completely fleshed out.

http://www.calvin.edu/admin/csr/students/sullivan/law/method.htm

scotlyn911

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »
Can anyone get me a picture of the page that shows the Tier 4 schools?

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »
hey, according to the original post, the 2006 rankings came out the last Saturday in March...

I wonder if we will see the 2007 rankings released in bookstores this coming Saturday....

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2006, 11:49:22 PM »
Hope so...Im dying to see what happens
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

catsmeow

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2006, 04:09:38 PM »
hey - the new rankings are posted on US News' website and the ones that xoxo sent out initially do not look correct. there were many shifts in T2 schools...(cardozo is now 5 notches above brooklyn), and a drastic upset in the HYSC group as stanford jumped harvard and now the nickname should be HYSCN because NYU is tied with columbia.

i recommend you guys looking at the new stats...

catsmeow

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »
i just looked at them on the computer of my coworker who purchased the online rankings. what i just stated above is in fact correct, and xoxo ones were not