Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 201157 times)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2005, 10:33:49 AM »
Anybody able to answer my question regarding schools that tie?
Attending GW in Fall '06

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »
So when you see BC, GW both at 20, does that mean they are tied for 20?  If that is the case, what happens to 21 and the others that are seemingly skpped over?

Yes, I suppose it means they're both sort of tied for twenty.  And they skip 21 b/c they only want 100 in the top 100.  So in a way, they're both tied for 20 1/2.  Go figure.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:42 AM »

I agree with that...there are many tier 4 schools that I think are much better than other schools in the same tier.  What surprised me was that 2 schools in the 4the tier have bar passage rates of less than 30%!  I think that the regional reps of Suffolk, Hamline, William Mitchell, etc...have excellent regional reps.

I was pretty surprised when I found out that William Mitchell had dropped to fourth tier.  The funny thing is that most Minnesotans will still consider it the best law school in the Twin Cities without a doubt.  There's no changing us stubborn Scandinavians.  :D

P.S. kristay:  what the heck is a "depost"? ;)

Better than U of M?  If so, you Minnesotans are pretty funny... :)

I honestly think most Minnesotans who aren't law school-savvy really have no idea that UMN even HAS a law school.  At least that's the impression I get.  I have a feeling a good amount of UMN grads actually leave the state after they graduate, whereas WM and Hamline grads tend to stay in-state.  Just my interpretation, though.  :)

Bostonians have the same idea about Suffolk,mostly because the majority of Boston's local politicans went there.

Your icon looks familiar. You post on Law_Students in lj,right? I use justreadingct. :-)

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2005, 11:24:26 AM »
Has anyone from the Pittsburgh area found a copy of the new rankings on the shelves yet? 

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2005, 12:13:37 PM »
Anyone have the environmental law rankings?  I"m curious to see how they match up to last year's.  Thanks

kristay

« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2005, 12:19:58 PM »
Anyone have the environmental law rankings?  I"m curious to see how they match up to last year's.  Thanks

1. Lewis and Clark
2. Vermont
3. Pace
4. CU-Boulder
5. Tulane
6. University of Maryland
7. Stanford
University of Oregon
9. Georgetown
10. Duke
George Washington

jziv2626

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2005, 12:22:50 PM »
thanks. nice to see tulane still in the top ten.

Dan1234

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2005, 12:37:26 PM »
Can someone post the tax law rankings...thanks in advance.
GULC Class of '08

Boehmer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to Bull Mountain
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2005, 01:37:52 PM »
Can someone who has the new rankings PM or e-mail me the stats for CU-Boulder, most importantly their employment %'s.  No one has the new rankings on the shelfs around here.  Thanks.
LSAT: 164 CGPA: 3.68 LSN
Accepted: CU, Santa Clara, USD
Waitlisted: Pepperdine, USC (Deferred: ED)
Rejected: UCLA

DunkinsFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2005, 02:34:32 PM »

I agree with that...there are many tier 4 schools that I think are much better than other schools in the same tier.  What surprised me was that 2 schools in the 4the tier have bar passage rates of less than 30%!  I think that the regional reps of Suffolk, Hamline, William Mitchell, etc...have excellent regional reps.

I was pretty surprised when I found out that William Mitchell had dropped to fourth tier.  The funny thing is that most Minnesotans will still consider it the best law school in the Twin Cities without a doubt.  There's no changing us stubborn Scandinavians.  :D

P.S. kristay:  what the heck is a "depost"? ;)

Better than U of M?  If so, you Minnesotans are pretty funny... :)

I honestly think most Minnesotans who aren't law school-savvy really have no idea that UMN even HAS a law school.  At least that's the impression I get.  I have a feeling a good amount of UMN grads actually leave the state after they graduate, whereas WM and Hamline grads tend to stay in-state.  Just my interpretation, though.  :)

Bostonians have the same idea about Suffolk,mostly because the majority of Boston's local politicans went there.

Your icon looks familiar. You post on Law_Students in lj,right? I use justreadingct. :-)

Haha, I can imagine this conversation:

Native Bostonian: "Suffolk is definitely Boston's best law school."

Someone from a random Midwestern state who now lives in Boston: "Hmm.. really?  What about, say, Harvard?"

Native Bostonian: "Harvard has a law school?"