Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 200340 times)

frostm3

Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »
I think he was referring to BC's fall in general, since they used to be in the 20-22, but have since fallen to 29 and now 27. It is difficult to guage whether they will ever recover, especially given BU's rise. Their current admission cycle has been quizzical as well, and certainly doesn't seem to be as selective as they used to be. Just a glance at LSN, though arguably not representative of the entire applicant pool, shows that BU's mean acceptance numbers are higher in both GPA and LSAT than BC. It seems like BU's poised to solidify their position and maintain their lead over BC. But hey, I was accepted to BC as well and was hoping to see them recover. It just doesn't seem like they're doing much, or care much, to regain their spot.

And BTW there is no reason to doubt the validity of these rankings simply because your B&N doesn't have the new issues yet. Plenty of others already stock them, including confirmed ones in MA, PA, DC, TX and others. I can give you the number to my local B&N if you want so you can verify.

Actually BC went up 2 spots from last year according to the rankings that are floating around this board and xoxo...D!ckhe@d. Although it wouldn't have made me much of a difference if their ranking did go down @ss.
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/law/brief/lawrank_brief.php

HTH

quote author=soup nazi link=topic=29571.msg438007#msg438007 date=1111942745]
your Barnes and Noble is third tier toilet.  Sorry about the BC slide.

mememe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2005, 07:33:43 PM »
I should be happy since the best school I've gotten into has just risen in the rankings...but, I'm super sad that USF is now T3.  Sad!  this sucks.
USF 2005

bradzwest

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2005, 07:36:55 PM »
anyone got T3?  Thanks

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2005, 07:39:49 PM »
T3 and T4 are not ranked, its just all the other schools.

bradzwest

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2005, 07:42:41 PM »
I know...want the group not the rankings...if someone has T3/everything left is T4

blake840

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2005, 07:47:18 PM »
yeah I would like them also...everyone is being so mean about giving out the T3 and T4 rankings. 
Uconn Law 1L.

bradzwest

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2005, 07:50:52 PM »
yeah I would like them also...everyone is being so mean about giving out the T3 and T4 rankings. 

they can be mean...long as they give up the info!

YankyKitten

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2005, 09:21:42 PM »
I'm sorry to be a nuisance: I don't want the rank order, I want the overall score (out of one hundred, I think) for 2005, which you have to be a member to see. Since these figures have expired and I know ppl on here have access to them, I was hoping someone would post them for me. thanks.

Duke 81
Cornell 80
Boalt 79
Georgetown 76

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2005, 10:02:34 PM »
So when you see BC, GW both at 20, does that mean they are tied for 20?  If that is the case, what happens to 21 and the others that are seemingly skpped over?
Attending GW in Fall '06

simon_littletree

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2005, 10:35:42 PM »
Pepperdine's ranking rose... but I don't agree that it's rising.  There isn't a good enough methodology here for there to be any science to it.  It's coincidence.

And did it ever occur to you that you might want to be careful b/c Pepperdine's alumni network (i.e. the people to whom you'll likely go to for a job) might be really conservative and religious?

I'm not trying to rain on your parade.  But I just think you should be careful -- that's all.  I mean, you're talking about going to a school that will kick you out if they find out you're having an intimate same-sex relationship.

Allright, you're just spreading misinformation.  I know several openly gay Pepp law students (yes, they're still in good academic standing).  Pepperdine also has many liberal students, and people of all religions.  Lots of faculty members and students are religious, but it doesn't permeate all of law school life.  The school is most certaintly rising, in bar passage and reputation.  Pepp also beat out Loyola, USD, USF and SC by a decent margin on the July 04 bar exam. 

Sum: it's not nearly what these clueless people make it out to be.   Get used to it, they'll continue to rise.