Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is  (Read 196251 times)

funnyfunny

Re: 2006 USNEWS Rankings - Here it is
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »
Actually BC went up 2 spots from last year according to the rankings that are floating around this board and xoxo...D!ckhe@d. Although it wouldn't have made me much of a difference if their ranking did go down @ss.
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/law/brief/lawrank_brief.php

HTH

quote author=soup nazi link=topic=29571.msg438007#msg438007 date=1111942745]
your Barnes and Noble is third tier toilet.  Sorry about the BC slide.

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
AllisonAzee - PDine is very religious, it would only make sense that they're not exactly proponents of same-sex anything. Did you write the mission statement?

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2005, 04:19:27 PM »
Does the further rise of BU start to erode the notion that BC is king in Boston? (Harvard excluded of course)

funnyfunny

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2005, 04:22:59 PM »
If your smart @ss comment was meant for me, personally I never stated that I had that notion.  Secondly, I was responding to someone else's comment.  I see all the smart @sses are on this board today.

Does the further rise of BU start to erode the notion that BC is king in Boston? (Harvard excluded of course)

funnyfunny

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2005, 04:38:20 PM »

(hypocrite)
"That makes a ton of sense to me. While BU has taken off in the USNEWS rankings recently, it seems as though it has been completely overplayed in terms of its relationship to BC in Boston simply because of a one year higher ranking."

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2005, 04:48:44 PM »
AllisonAzee - PDine is very religious, it would only make sense that they're not exactly proponents of same-sex anything. Did you write the mission statement?

Yeah I knew it was a religious school, but it's one thing to be religious in priniciple and theory and to actually inflict those beliefs on your students.  Lots and lots of schools are technically religious, but that doesn't generally mean those beliefs are forced upon their students.  Yeah I did the mission statement and I knew it was that way a bit, I just didn't know to what degree.  Actively silencing any gay voice at the school is pretty extreme.  I friend's gf goes there undergrad and I have heard things about semi required bible study and no members of the opposite sex in your dorm room after midnight, but I was hoping it ended there.  Yeah I think at the end of the day I wouldn't fit in very well at Pepperdine and I obviously am against many of their beliefs, bleh I love Malibu.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2005, 05:11:38 PM »
haha I'm sorry if I mistakenly jumped in on a BC bashing thread, but that was a serious question. I am trying to decide between BC and BU and it worries me that BU has risen more when BC was supposed to make its jump back up this year.  I'm just curious as to whether people really think that the Boston legal market is shifting at all, or is this, as you have so wonderfully quoted, going to be overplayed as usual.

I like BU's location a lot more, and if I thought that they were equalizing in terms of Boston reputation, it might influence my decision more than before. Sorry funnyfunny if i rubbed you the wrong way.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2005, 05:14:35 PM »
i'm still scratching my head over psu-dickinson jumping to #91 from tier3.

any ideas?  this could shift my line of thinking in comparing duquesne/psu right now.  and those seat deposits are due soon.
post-3L

funnyfunny

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2005, 05:17:46 PM »
No prob.  I guess I was already rubbed the wrong way after responding to the other poster.  Sorry about that.

haha I'm sorry if I mistakenly jumped in on a BC bashing thread, but that was a serious question. I am trying to decide between BC and BU and it worries me that BU has risen more when BC was supposed to make its jump back up this year.  I'm just curious as to whether people really think that the Boston legal market is shifting at all, or is this, as you have so wonderfully quoted, going to be overplayed as usual.

I like BU's location a lot more, and if I thought that they were equalizing in terms of Boston reputation, it might influence my decision more than before. Sorry funnyfunny if i rubbed you the wrong way.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2005, 05:20:49 PM »
now, this is a wonderful example of the great environment BC is supposed to have in terms of friendliness!