Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Oregon  (Read 6110 times)

A.J

Re: University of Oregon
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2005, 01:27:47 PM »
Dude, I thought it took me like 45 min. to get from Eugene to Portland the last time I came down.   ???  Was I just really hung over or something?

Dittos on people who are in the program loving the program.  My UG, Western Washington, has two students that I know of down their from my department (economics) and they say it has been an excellent experience all the way around.

UOlaw08

• AOL Instant Messenger - psikadelik
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2005, 02:50:34 PM »
I'll be seeing everyone in Eugene also this fall! Knowing I wasn't going to be admitted to UT, this was the school I was aiming for. It is good to know people are giving Oregon positive reviews. I'm enthusiastic about the entire experience. I can't wait to be in the football stands on the Saturdays I don't have to study during the fall and Williamette Pass on the days off during the winter!

Annchen:

How is the spring in Eugene? Does it rain as much as people say it does? I look forward to adapting, as I enjoy cooler weather.
ATTENDING: The University of Oregon!

In: Oregon
Out: Miami, Texas, IU: Bloomington, Lewis and Clark, Seattle
Withdrawn: Depaul, Denver, Quinnipiac

annchen

• My baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2005, 04:58:42 PM »
Well, I'm not an expert on the seasons here.  Supposedly the winters are always grey and rainy, but this year we're having a drought, and we had 2 straight weeks of sunshine and warm weather in February, of all months.  I would describe spring weather as schizophrenic:  bursts of downpour followed by sunshine, followed by lots of wind, a light drizzle, and then hail.  All in one afternoon.  Personally, I like it.  It keeps me amused.

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2005, 09:30:42 PM »
I live in Portland and we have had record rainfall for the past few days. It generally gets dry for good in late June but it can be nasty into July. Things stay dry and sunny through September but then the grey begins. It actually rains less here than on places like New York City and Washington DC. The problem is that they get big storms that drop inches at a time and Oregon gets a steady drizzle.
It is not that bad but I am looking forward to some sun in California.
Attending: University of the Pacific-McGeorge

A.J

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2005, 09:58:17 PM »
Its Washington winters i.e. rainy, windy, sometimes really cold but with Cali summers i.e. hot as a mofo.  Thats what my relatives down there tell me anyway.

Portland is especially muggy from what I hear.

fat_daddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2005, 12:08:21 AM »
Portland is far from muggy. Summer has very little humidity. Maybe I have a different view of humidity since I grew up in the South, but nobody seems to complain about humidity.
Attending: University of the Pacific-McGeorge

Wolfie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2005, 12:17:49 AM »
I'm not bothered by rain or humility much either. Only thing that bothers is that I might not get the chance to go (not accepted yet)  :-[

A.J

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2005, 06:33:04 AM »
I'm not bothered by rain or humility much either. Only thing that bothers is that I might not get the chance to go (not accepted yet)  :-[

Well, just have humility.   :D

UOlaw08

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2005, 10:02:43 AM »

Good luck on being admitted Wolfie. I hope you get in! I was on the waitlist at Oregon, so I can confirm that they have made offers to at least one or two people on the waitlist for this admissions cycle.

UOlaw08

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2005, 01:38:15 PM »
I live in Portland and we have had record rainfall for the past few days. It generally gets dry for good in late June but it can be nasty into July. Things stay dry and sunny through September but then the grey begins. It actually rains less here than on places like New York City and Washington DC. The problem is that they get big storms that drop inches at a time and Oregon gets a steady drizzle.
It is not that bad but I am looking forward to some sun in California.

If you don't mind me asking, how long does the gray period last? Through April? May? I read that Eugene averages about 139 days of rainfall (http://www.climate-zone.com/climate/united-states/oregon/eugene/) each year.

I am glad I'm moving out of Austin in early August. That is the time of year there when it scorches the most. It wasn't too bad this last year, but before then.. ouch it was above 100 several days in a row!