Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am starting to feel sick about this  (Read 1132 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
I am starting to feel sick about this
« on: March 26, 2005, 01:36:28 AM »
Still in nowhere.  Can someone please lie to me and tell me I will get in somewhere soon?  I knew it would be difficult with the late apps, but being on this site and seeing all the acceptances (none of which I have) is making me queasy.

Make fun of me if you must, but I really am at an all time low today.  When I came home and the only thing in the mailbox was a notice telling me I have to start paying back my undergrad loans next month, I just wanted to crawl in bed and not get out until someone accepts me.

:-\

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: I am starting to feel sick about this
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:38:19 AM »
Still in nowhere.  Can someone please lie to me and tell me I will get in somewhere soon?  I knew it would be difficult with the late apps, but being on this site and seeing all the acceptances (none of which I have) is making me queasy.

Make fun of me if you must, but I really am at an all time low today.  When I came home and the only thing in the mailbox was a notice telling me I have to start paying back my undergrad loans next month, I just wanted to crawl in bed and not get out until someone accepts me.

:-\

Where did you apply? And you're on the CU waitlist, which is good, because people do get in. But seriously, share your schools. Who's still pending?
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 11:12:24 AM »
Where did you apply?  Perhaps you shot too high with your safeties.  If you are looking to go to law school (meaning that you are willing to go to any accredited school), you should get in.  You just need hurry and get an APP into some school with relatively high acceptance rates (refer to USNWR for stats).

- Comm-Law

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:50:26 PM »
Ok, so I did a little sleuthing and found your LSN profile. Not hard since I know your numbers and that you are on CU's WL. As you probably know, Harvard is probably not gonna happen.  ;)  I would think, though, that as a Wisconsin resident,  you have a good shot there.  Same with some of the others. I think you're right in your assumption that applying late in the cycle has given you a decided disadvantage.  You also probably didn't apply to enough true safeties-- but I don't think that's going to matter in the end. I predict that you will get in to at least one of the schools to which you've applied, and probably more than that.  I think you'll be WL at a few just because your app. is hitting the adcomms late in the cycle.  What that says to me is that you probably would have gotten in early on.  In any event, chin up! You have a lot going for you. I know it's really hard to be in limbo-- I thought I was going to have to be put on meds. :)
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 04:01:01 PM »
It's tough, but try not to worry about it.

I had a friend who got numerous rejections before he got into his top choice. I have a feeling after the April deadlines for seat deposits you'll get acceptances thrown your way.

Hang tight.

BTW - I hate paying off undergrad loans, it's like a kick in the crotch when you're staring down more FAFSA forms

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 08:40:12 PM »
hey all...thanks so much for the support.  It's great having you all to whine to!

I really appreciate it. 

I promise no more whining until I really have something to whine about!

To answer one of the other questions: I didn't apply to any true safties, because I would rather reapply (using some of the stratgies I learned here) than go to a school I don't really want to be at.