Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pets in LS?  (Read 8390 times)

markit

• View Profile
Pets in LS?
« on: March 26, 2005, 01:06:35 AM »
a

DodgerLaw

Re: Pets in LS?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 01:25:49 AM »
My dog Gibson unlaces my shoes. He doesn't just grab them and wrestle with them until the laces come out; he is quite methodical about it. I think he can score a 158 on the LSAT, so with that and his decided URM status he has applied to all the schools I have. We're both waiting.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 10:21:05 AM »
My SO and I will be getting one.  We're planning on moving into an apartment complex that allows dogs.  We won't be getting one during 1L, as he won't be joining me in Atlanta until December or so.  Summer after 1L though, we'll be looking for breeders.  We want an American Eskimo Standard, since it will be in the weight range that is allowed and they seem a perfect fit for us personality-wise.

I can't wait to get a puppy!!   ;D

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 11:05:50 AM »
my dog is coming to law school with me.  one piece of advice, do not get a puppy during 1L if you will be the only person responsible for him/her.  it's way too much work to make sure that puppy turns into a well-behaved and well-adjusted dog.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 02:30:21 PM »
My dog Gibson unlaces my shoes. He doesn't just grab them and wrestle with them until the laces come out; he is quite methodical about it. I think he can score a 158 on the LSAT, so with that and his decided URM status he has applied to all the schools I have. We're both waiting.

:(
post-3L

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
I have a 3 1/2 yr old boxer, Ella.  She's going to live with my parents for the 3 yrs. I'm in law school.  Spending most of my time in class/the library/mentally unavailable, I'll feel extremely guilty that she won't be a high priority in my life.  Plus after selling my house, and moving to a small apartment, the 5+ acres that my parents live on will be very appealing to my pooch.  I'll still visit her once per week when we have Sunday family dinners.  So, if you're going to Pitt, have no family in the area, and you become my friend, there may be homecooked dinners in your future!  :D Haha.
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

bobo21

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »
DOn't forget about cats.  My fetching and begging cat is coming with me.  A cat that acts like a dog is the best of both worlds.

laur0212

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L, yay!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Laur0212
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 03:39:04 PM »
I'm bringing my dog Henry with me.  He's too much a part of me to leave him with my parents, although they've come to love him too and would love it if I left him at home.  But I'm planning on trying to get a roommate who likes dogs and wouldn't mind helping out every once in a while if I can't get home in time to walk him and stuff like that.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 11:23:22 PM »

this guy's coming with me. he's very low maintenance though - doesn't need a lot of exercise, very well housetrained, really just a lazy boy who sleeps all day and cuddles with me at night:) but because he's 70 pounds, my biggest problem will be finding housing that allows him. i'm not willing to leave him with someone else - we'd miss each other too much.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 05:45:21 AM »
I've been thinking about this question too.  I really want to get a cat (I won't be able to move mine across country), but since LS is only 3 years and I don't know where I'll be moving afterwards, I don't think it would be fair to the cat.  Cats can't just up and relocate like dogs can.