Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone visit Widener PA? Impressions? Comments?  (Read 446 times)

LawDiv25

Anyone visit Widener PA? Impressions? Comments?
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »
I posted this on "rankings" but that board seems to be pretty darn slow...

ek23

• View Profile
Re: Anyone visit Widener PA? Impressions? Comments?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:28:02 PM »
Hi,
I visted Widener PA 4 years ago when I first applied to law schools.  Here is what I thought.  The school is pretty small with about 3 buildings that look like renovated houses.  The library is a little small.  It would be wise to have a car as everything is about 5 or 10 min away on top of the hill behind the school (apartments, shops, etc.) They do help you find jobs in the capital (gov't or firms) which would be good for you if you want to stay in Harrisburg.  There are 2 (literally 2) minorities in the whole school, I noticed that from their stats)

So if you like a small school, a town feel and want to stay in Harrisburg, then this would be the place to go for you.  (I didn't go there because I took a job overseas and came back recently to the US.  Now I want to stay in NY.)

LawDiv25

Re: Anyone visit Widener PA? Impressions? Comments?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:58:04 PM »
Thanks - that is helpful, I'm surprised there aren't more minorities considering the location...

I'll probably be checking it out for myself in a few weeks, I'm just hoping to get some general impressions of the place, since I have not visited a whole lot of law schools...