Law School Discussion

What kind of PS is this? Does this stack up well to the comp? How can I improve?

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgtpeper82
    • View Profile
Take your greatest accomplishment, and tell the story about it.  It will do a number of things:  show your writing ability, show what you have done, keep the adcomm entertained.  maybe...  MAYBE in your last paragraph show how what you accomplished will make you a good law student.

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
Take your greatest accomplishment, and tell the story about it.  It will do a number of things:  show your writing ability, show what you have done, keep the adcomm entertained.  maybe...  MAYBE in your last paragraph show how what you accomplished will make you a good law student.
  There you go.  Ditto for my advice.

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay then. Should I write about the achievement of my maturing in reponsibility?

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
If you can explain that in a story of one incident, then yes.  i ran my own business in undergrad, and for my ps, i wrote about this one pain in the ass customer i had, and how i made it work.  think of all the things that an adcomm can infer from that about me. 

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The deal here is that I sorta do all my things in gradual order.

Perhaps I should talk about my volunteering at the Indian Reservation and how it gave me the since of achievement and drive to succed and how I will use that achievement and drive to do well in law school...perhaps I should talk about how helping the children with MS was a relevation of personal worth to me.

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
The deal here is that I sorta do all my things in gradual order.

Perhaps I should talk about my volunteering at the Indian Reservation and how it gave me the since of achievement and drive to succed and how I will use that achievement and drive to do well in law school...perhaps I should talk about how helping the children with MS was a relevation of personal worth to me.

Now we're getting somewhere.  I should charge for my services.  Anyway, the key here is to tell a story of one event.  That way, the adcomms aren't reading an "essay," they're reading a story.  Talk about one experience at the reservation that was especially motivational.  Or talk about one meeting you had w/ a kid w/ MS.  Just start putting words on the paper.  Then cut out the crap.  Then post it up here when you're down to 400.

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email
Strange how the MB filters sh*t with "darn"

Painting101

• 164/ 3.55
    • View Profile
Strange how the MB filters sh*t with "darn"

Where did you see that?  I have the filter turned off.

vitaminwater

hello,
i am sorry but your ps sounds and looks  like 200 uncompleted sentences cut and pasted together!
i read it and still cant figure you out.
BUT , maybe i am stupid.

dal79

• View Profile
    • Email

Then cut out the darn.  Then post it up here when you're down to 400.