Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 dings and a wait-list in the same day...  (Read 2394 times)

boomer262

• MSN Messenger - boomer262@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - boomer262
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usdboomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2 dings and a wait-list in the same day...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 03:52:58 PM »
As for the LSDAS, they didn't even offer an apology.  All I got on the phone was an "oops" from the lady checking the computer for me.  They pretty much said it was my responsibility.  Not much I can do about it now.  I never would have known if it wasn't for Whittier asking me why my application said I had never been on AP, when the LSDAS said I had.  Of course, they asked after I was denied...  LOL

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 04:10:10 PM »
Boomer, may I asked you when you applied to your schools?

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 04:18:05 PM »
As for the LSDAS, they didn't even offer an apology.  All I got on the phone was an "oops" from the lady checking the computer for me.  They pretty much said it was my responsibility.  Not much I can do about it now.  I never would have known if it wasn't for Whittier asking me why my application said I had never been on AP, when the LSDAS said I had.  Of course, they asked after I was denied...  LOL

I don't want to tell you how to run your life, but Jesus, don't just let them get off with an "Oops".  They cost you a year of your life, as well as a year of lawyer salary since you'll graduate a year later.  I think you should take your complaint as high as you can.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

Balve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 04:37:28 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread, but if I was EVER on AP , am I an auto reject? I was on AP my freshman year and even disqualified and then came back the 2nd year and disqualified again. But since then I've had all A's and a few B's and my GPA will still be crappy, but at least still be around 2.6 or 2.7. I didn't take many units those first 2 years, so I had plenty of units to offset my GPA.

boomer262

• MSN Messenger - boomer262@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - boomer262
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usdboomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »
I applied in November.  I sent out my apps on different dates in November, but I didn't keep track of which applications were sent out on which dates. 

As for losing a year of lawyer's salary, it really sucks to think I had to trade a year of that for the job I am at now.  Working at an orthotics and prosthetics office is not how I envisioned my post-USD existence.  Then again, that is what happens when you are a Republican Political Science major who didn't know he had to look for jobs until June.  There isn't much I can do now except look forward to law school and things to come.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 05:24:43 PM »
Sorry to hijack the thread, but if I was EVER on AP , am I an auto reject? I was on AP my freshman year and even disqualified and then came back the 2nd year and disqualified again. But since then I've had all A's and a few B's and my GPA will still be crappy, but at least still be around 2.6 or 2.7. I didn't take many units those first 2 years, so I had plenty of units to offset my GPA.

No, it's just if you are on AP when you apply to law school. And in the OP's situation, thanks to what has to be the biggest LSAC fuckup that I have heard of (an accomplishment in itself), the law schools thought he was lying about not being on AP and simple trashed his apps.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 03:20:03 PM »
Well that truly, truly srinks and a 155/3.3.....and WAITLISTED at MC? Damn...I got a 3.3/156 and am sending mine in on 10/1....I bet Im screwed, huh?

You are not screwed at all. Just make sure the rest of your application is solid and you have a very strong shot.

To the OP, it looks like you want to stay in the west. Chapman is a good up and coming school and it isnt past their deadline yet. The deadlines for cal western, thomas jeff., and golden gate havent passed yet too. good luck

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 03:39:26 PM »
Aside from being on AP, i know having university judicial action taken can really hinder your chances of law/grad school, working for the police/fbi/cia/nsa/etc.

Most of the applications say something to the effect of "have you ever had university action taken" or something to that effect. I know not all schools have a J-board, but speaking from experience at Michigan State, even if you were found "not responsible" you still have to list that because it will be reported to any grad schools or police agencies that ask. So if you say no, you can really screw yourself.