Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 dings and a wait-list in the same day...  (Read 2492 times)

boomer262

• MSN Messenger - boomer262@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - boomer262
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usdboomer
    • View Profile
    • Email
2 dings and a wait-list in the same day...
« on: March 25, 2005, 02:17:04 PM »
So in one day I received rejections from Santa Clara and Loyola (LA), which I expected.  What I did not expect was to be wait-listed at McGeorge.  My only acceptance so far is from Whittier (which I am really trying to avoid), and I am waiting on UNLV and ASU.  With a 3.30 GPA, and a 155 LSAT, I am more than a little worried at this point...  This is not good, especially after having to wait a year for school due to a MAJOR LSDAS clerical error last year.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
Re: 2 dings and a wait-list in the same day...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 02:28:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about your string of not so great news. Where else are you pending?
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

boomer262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 03:09:03 PM »
I am still pending at Arizona State and UNLV, but after getting wait-listed at McGeorge, I am not too optimistic with my numbers.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 03:34:41 PM »
What happened with LSDAS?  That's terrible that you had to wait a whole year because they messed something up.
UVa it is!

boomer262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 03:38:02 PM »
The whole situation with the LSDAS was a real mess.  They told every school that I was on academic probation, when I was never under a 3.0 at any time during college.  By the time the mistake was caught, it was June, and I was already on the outside looking in.  I talked to 3 different admissions people from different schools, and they all told me that they would have thrown away my application before even reading it.  Not only because of the AP listing, but also because when I was asked whether I had been on AP, I answered "no."  That was the truth, but due to the LSDAS error, they assumed I was lying.  Thankfully, the error was definitely corrected for this year.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 03:43:21 PM »
Well that truly, truly srinks and a 155/3.3.....and WAITLISTED at MC? Damn...I got a 3.3/156 and am sending mine in on 10/1....I bet Im screwed, huh?

Ron Hiatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • slave to the "unread replies to your posts" link..
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 03:48:04 PM »
So in one day I received rejections from Santa Clara and Loyola (LA), which I expected.  What I did not expect was to be wait-listed at McGeorge.  My only acceptance so far is from Whittier (which I am really trying to avoid), and I am waiting on UNLV and ASU.  With a 3.30 GPA, and a 155 LSAT, I am more than a little worried at this point...  This is not good, especially after having to wait a year for school due to a MAJOR LSDAS clerical error last year.

Why don't you have SCU or Loyola on your LSN profile? Did you just get the SCU letter today? It seems they're sending out a whole slew of rejections lately. Every day that I don't have mail from them I breathe a sigh of relief.

legallady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
The whole situation with the LSDAS was a real mess.  They told every school that I was on academic probation, when I was never under a 3.0 at any time during college.  By the time the mistake was caught, it was June, and I was already on the outside looking in.  I talked to 3 different admissions people from different schools, and they all told me that they would have thrown away my application before even reading it.  Not only because of the AP listing, but also because when I was asked whether I had been on AP, I answered "no."  That was the truth, but due to the LSDAS error, they assumed I was lying.  Thankfully, the error was definitely corrected for this year.

How did you eventually catch it? That's terrible, I'm so sorry that happened.
In: NOWHERE!
Waitlist: GW, Fordham, American
Out: Ha! Many... but let's focus on the semi-positive at this point, shall we?

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 03:49:44 PM »

Did the LSDAS offer to do anything for you to make up for such a gigantic, year-wasting screw up?  It seems like the least they could offer is to pay for your apps this year or something.  I mean, that seems like something you could sue them for if you really wanted to.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

boomer262

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 03:50:42 PM »
I guess I should have put those on my profile.  I was just so sure of the rejections that I really didn't bother... LOL  From going through the process with friends who are currently at McGeorge, it seems like they offer a lot of their wait-listed people spots in the night program, but I don't see that as an option right now.