Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deciding factor: both admitted students' days  (Read 657 times)

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
Deciding factor: both admitted students' days
« on: March 25, 2005, 01:50:40 PM »
I think I am going to go to both Colorado and Chicago-Kent's admitted students' day/weekend bc I still cannot decide.  Does anyone think this is stupid?  Is anyone doing the same thing?  I am hoping one just feels better or something?!
3.8/165

Franz

Re: Deciding factor: both admitted students' days
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 01:53:42 PM »
how is it stupid? this is what you are suppose to do.

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 03:34:31 PM »
I am doing the same thing for Syracuse and Suffolk next week so, I don't think it is stupid.  I don't know what else I can do with similiar rankings and similiar financial aid packages.  I hope one just feels right.  What does one do if both feel right?

mjb691

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 10:38:08 AM »
I've been to two admitted students days (and will be going to another in two weeks), and I found them to be very helpful in sorting out my subjective sense of the schools. The first school left me with kind of ambivelent feelings, and the second one really fired me up after going there. #1 is now off my list. There was nothing specifically bad about #1, but it just didn't do anything for me.

I think it is a good way of figuring out where to go, because I imagine that being really excited about the school when you start will be a nice springboard to doing well in the early going.

Good luck.

Mike
ATTENDING: Penn
IN: WUSTL, Fordham, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Temple
THE REST: Doesn't matter

LawDiv25

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 10:46:37 AM »
I'm doing the same thing with Widener and Regent...(although for most people it would probably be an obvious choice :)

I really do think that you get a good "feel" for a school, you'll know when it is the right fit :)

kristay

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 10:54:24 AM »
Yup...making a second trip out to the east coast to go to Fordham's and Seton Hall's admitted students days.

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 12:03:19 PM »
Thanks for all the reassurance.  I just felt like I was spending a lot of money and time to maybe find out things I already know.  We will see...
Plus I will have to put a deposit down on Colorado before going to Chicago-Kent.
3.8/165

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 12:19:10 PM »
it's not a lot of money relative to the amount of money you'll end up spending while in law school.  you owe to yourself to make sure you go to the school that'll make you happiest.  there are some intangible characteristics that just don't come through in brochures and conversations but are totally obvious (for better or worse) when you visit. 

good luck and have fun!