Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: yea, so i opened it...  (Read 1611 times)

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: yea, so i opened it...
« on: May 25, 2004, 08:59:04 PM »
I would have to say, unfortunately, not to read too much into it.  If you contacted them online they may have some type of auto response set up for email inquiries.  I, however, just received my last letter from the schools to which I applied (it was a waitlist).  My last four, or so, were all waitlists.  If they have held on to your application for this long chances are, if it is not a UC, you are going to be accepted or waitlisted.  Good luck!!

After much anticipation from waiting to hear from my "far reach" school, george mason, I contacted them and I received this email,

"Hello Blank, You should be receiving a decision the mail very soon.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Blank"

Im trying to figure out of this means anything.. I have no clue.. If it is a rejection letter, would they still want me to contact them? If it was acceptance wouldnt there be a "good luck" at the end of the letter?  and whts up woth "sincerely"? Does it sound as though they are pitying me?
 ???

"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:41:15 PM »
I agree with everyone else.  It's always a waste of energy to read into an email.  And some schools have a policy of only disclosing acceptance information via certain channels.  I worked for the study abroad office at my school, and no one was allowed to discuss information re: program status over the phone, email or in person.  Everyone had to either wait for a letter in the mail, or else in extenuating circumstances program directors could disclose info to the applicant directly.

If you really have a lot of concerns, or if you've been accepted somewhere, but are waiting to hear from your reach school, give them a call and see if you can get anything more substantial that way.

And with a phone call, at least you get a tone of voice to read into, rather than a dead email.  :)

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
it's a canned response
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 04:37:20 PM »
they send those to everybody....it keeps people from hassling them. kind of like all the financial aid packages and forms schools send you, two weeks before they reject you. at least they didnt mess up and send you congratulations emails, with orientation information by mistake. i have friends that happened to, only to get the apology email a couple days later followed by the rejection note. no bitterness here though.

hcnate

• B.S. Management, Purdue University - Gonzaga Law
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 07:18:12 PM »
On a positive note, I received my acceptance to Gonzaga through an e-mail inviting me to the "Accepted Students Weekend."  I didn't receive my acceptance letter until a couple days after that. 

I do agree with the rest of the posts that you should most definitely contact the admissions office.