Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northwestern  (Read 836 times)

lex19

Northwestern
« on: March 25, 2005, 11:19:07 AM »
So I've been complete at Northwestern since 12/20/04 and interviewed on the first of Feb, I have less than a 1% chance of getting in and don't understand why I haven't been dinged yet...maybe the divine gates of northwestern law will open up for me, i hate having the option to "what if"

is anyone else going through the same thing, or have any comments as what's taking them soo long??

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Northwestern
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 01:41:26 PM »
I just heard today -- waitlisted...maybe the same is waiting for you.  It still puts you in the what if? predicament though
3.8/165

lex19

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 01:57:49 PM »
did you hear through the status checker or e-mail??? it would be my first welcomed WL

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
I just randomly checked the status checker one day.
3.8/165

northbynw

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - northby_nw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:52:41 PM »
I feel your pain..interviewed in mid January, was complete soon after. Hopefully they're not keeping track of how often we check status updates, or they might think I'm seriously obsessive. I'm most bothered by the part on the status check page that says that people who submit their apps late might not hear back until late April..I called the admissions office today and they said I'll get a decision within 2-3 weeks. This is a lot longer than their 6-8 week decision process, and it's around the same time the late folks are getting their replies. What's the meaning of all this??  ???

*phew* sorry for the vent. Northwestern's my top choice by far, and hope can be a cruel thing...
For those who feel, life is a tragedy. For those who think, life is a comedy.

lex19

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:00:37 PM »
they told me 2-3 weeks too, about two weeks ago, but whatever the case i don't unserstand what's taking sooo long, i look at it as a very cruel joke.

how did your interview go??? i usually do well, but my interviewer was all business, and i was nervous as hell, definetly not my best performance

AndyJay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »
I'm still waiting to hear from Northwestern, though I've been complete since early Feb. I interviewed in mid Feb, and I've been waiting since. I've noticed that if a schools says 4-6 weeks, I'm getting my responses on the 6 to 7 weeks side. I wonder if this means that this year there is an unexpected surplus of candidates for a limited number of spots.

Accepted: Tulane, American, Brooklyn, DePaul, Loyola (New Orleans)
WL: W&L
Rejected: Texas, Georgetown, George Washington, U Washington
Tapping my foot for: Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Boalt, Georgia, Cornell, Northwestern, Yeshiva Cardozo, George Mason

northbynw

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - northby_nw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 11:08:07 AM »
Just saw the ding post lex..so sorry to hear it. I'm assuming mine should be in any day now, especially since they seem to have told me the exact same thing they told you. If they know they're going to ding me, I wish they'd just get it over with!

I thought my interview went well, in that I really enjoyed talking with the interviewer, and she and I seemed to have similar views on the things we discussed. In retrospect I wish I'd said some things differently, but I suppose that's normal. The kicker is that I showed up late, which is very unusual for me and I didn't know how to explain the circumstances surrounding it, so I didn't. So I think that nullified any good will coming out of there.

Overall though my stats are similar to yours, and I was hoping my work experience would compensate. Good luck with the Madison hold, maybe I'll see you there!
For those who feel, life is a tragedy. For those who think, life is a comedy.

lex19

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 11:23:09 AM »
northbynw, how much WE do you have? and good luck!!!

my interview was really bad, all Q&A, and my interviewer really intimidated me, definitely my worse interview ever

again good luck!

Just saw the ding post lex..so sorry to hear it. I'm assuming mine should be in any day now, especially since they seem to have told me the exact same thing they told you. If they know they're going to ding me, I wish they'd just get it over with!

I thought my interview went well, in that I really enjoyed talking with the interviewer, and she and I seemed to have similar views on the things we discussed. In retrospect I wish I'd said some things differently, but I suppose that's normal. The kicker is that I showed up late, which is very unusual for me and I didn't know how to explain the circumstances surrounding it, so I didn't. So I think that nullified any good will coming out of there.

Overall though my stats are similar to yours, and I was hoping my work experience would compensate. Good luck with the Madison hold, maybe I'll see you there!