Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Berkeley says "No Thanks"  (Read 741 times)

Aakash

• View Profile
Berkeley says "No Thanks"
« on: March 25, 2005, 01:10:46 AM »
They sent the letter to my permanent address, and it arrived today.  So did I for that matter, since I flew in for the long weekend.

The letter said there were 30 applicants for each spot in the enterring class.  That puts their acceptance rate at under 4%...that can't be right, can it?

Sure, it's my first rejection, and it's disappointing.  But there's always tomorrow, and more schools to hear from  ;D

kristay

Re: Berkeley says "No Thanks"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 02:03:06 AM »
They sent the letter to my permanent address, and it arrived today.  So did I for that matter, since I flew in for the long weekend.

The letter said there were 30 applicants for each spot in the enterring class.  That puts their acceptance rate at under 4%...that can't be right, can it?

Sure, it's my first rejection, and it's disappointing.  But there's always tomorrow, and more schools to hear from  ;D

It doesn't put their accpetance rate at under 4%...don't forget that they have to accept more applicants than they actually have room for b/c not all accepted applicants will matriculate there.  For each spot in the entering class, they accept more than 1 student...

Where's your permanent address?  I'm wondering if I should be expecting a rejection letter tm...

P.S.  congrats on Cornell and UT! :)

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: Berkeley says "No Thanks"
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 02:23:45 AM »
The letter is right, 30 applicants per seat sounds right (10% admit rate, 30% yield). Too bad about Boalt, you are part of a large, prestegious group of Boalt rejects. Sounds like you have some good choices, so don't sweat them.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.