Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm a kid, I've always wanted to be a lawyer since age 5, i'm 14 now. Help pleas  (Read 13222 times)

lil_token

Brave, I am probably more mature then you and have gotten more females then you will ever get in your life. I didn't come here for girl advice, i came here for legal advice.  Please do not spam someones post who is seriously interested and is asking for advice.

Still looking for good advice, books etc.

Thanks!

Ah, that youthful boasting.  How reminiscent of high school locker room conversations.

But seriously...

Kid, we have given you the best advice we can.  Try to enjoy your life now because you will NOT enjoy law school, no matter how much you have always wanted to become a lawyer.  

Go to college, get good grades, but take time out for yourself too.  High school grades don't matter and no one law school admissions committee will ever care that you took some double honors mumbo jumbo in HS.

Balance is key, you should never completely sacrifice social life for academics or vice versa.

BTW, shouldn't your username be "Romka" instead?

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
it's not spam, maybe post whoring, but not spam.  You want real advice:

graduate with a high HS gpa+
graduate with a high UG gpa+
do well on the LSAT=Law School

Lets say I get a B or a C in a highschool class, should i retake it online where i could easily get an A(my firends do this) is this bad on your transcript if you do it once or twice, because if you retake the old grade doesnt affect gpa, etc? The first cut for univ is gpa.

Thanks for the advice, although it was very brief and general which i had knowledge of.

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
Brave, I am probably more mature then you and have gotten more females then you will ever get in your life. I didn't come here for girl advice, i came here for legal advice.  Please do not spam someones post who is seriously interested and is asking for advice.

Still looking for good advice, books etc.

Thanks!

Ah, that youthful boasting.  How reminiscent of high school locker room conversations.

But seriously...

Kid, we have given you the best advice we can.  Try to enjoy your life now because you will NOT enjoy law school, no matter how much you have always wanted to become a lawyer. 

Go to college, get good grades, but take time out for yourself too.  High school grades don't matter and no one law school admissions committee will ever care that you took some double honors mumbo jumbo in HS.

Balance is key, you should never completely sacrifice social life for academics or vice versa.

BTW, shouldn't your username be "Romka" instead?

Heh,
As far as my name, its Roman, there are different variations of nicknames for Roman. Yes, Romka is one, but it is mainly used in Russia, although I have been called that. Romko is more the ukrianian way to say it as a nickname

Another reason why i picked Romko, was because Romka.com was taken, and i bought a domain.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
you should only worry about your high school grades to the extent that they affect where you go to college.  they won't matter when you apply to law school.

Franz

i hope this is flame.

PresClay_00

No.  Do better on others and have some fun.  Most colleges will forgive one, maybe two lower grades, and i don't think retaking would be overly helpful.  and put some leadership and EC involvement feathers in your cap, both UG and LS like that.

the advice was brief for a reason.  it is immaterial to you at this point for the most part.  after you're in college, start thinking about prep for LS

soupnazi

I don't know who's funnier, this guy or the french guy from the aba law school thread.

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't know who's funnier, this guy or the french guy from the aba law school thread.

Rofl, go find something better to do.

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
yo my man - take the advice everyone has been telling you. ENJOY life now. geeze, ur not even in HS yet. relax. get great grades. honestly, thats all u can do at this point. sure, u can go and join all the clubs in the world in HS, but thats only going to affect your college admissions. the only thing law schools take into account are college GPA and LSAT score. sure, u have other "soft" factors like a personal statement, reccomendations, etc. But it all starts with your grades and LSAT. and since there is no way u can prepare for the LSAT now, focusing on getting great grades is the only thing you can do right now.

on another note, when i was beginning high school, my adult career was the last thing on my mind. relax and put things in perspective. im sure u dont want to look back on ur HS years as only a "molding" stage for college and law school. u want to be able to look back and laugh at all the funny/crazy/drunk/idiotic things u did, girls u slept with, how man classes u cut, that great hockey game u played - not just a means to getting to where u want to get to.

I'm a 1L now, and trust me, once u get here, your life is over. Live it before u get here, cause once u do get here, there is nothing else in your life.

DodgerLaw

For crying out loud, kid, keep studying hard, but at the very least learn to kick the bottom of a glass door and grab your nose in pain at the same time. Or desperately point out to people in other cars that their wheels keep going around. Something. Ask people at the supermarket what aisle the dehydrated water is on. I'm not suggesting anything illegal, or even destructive. Just have a little fun while you can get away with crap like that.