Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm a kid, I've always wanted to be a lawyer since age 5, i'm 14 now. Help pleas  (Read 13498 times)

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi,
My names Roman, and am finishing Middle School. This is my last year, and I'm finishing a highschool credit. My question is, I want to go to law school after HS, what classes should I take in highschool? Should I try really hard, and take all the harder classes? I'm currently registered for Honors English, Honors History, Double Honors Science(Biology) and Geometry 1-2 (thinking about doing it in the summer and going to Algebra 3-4). I was advised by friends to join Debate, take English Law, Business Math, join the FBLA (Future business leaders of America).

I'm a kid, and I don't want to screw up. I've always wanted to be a lawyer, and want to become successfull.
I'll appreciate any advice, i've been googling and trying to find advice and what books to read.

Anything you recommend is appreciated.

Thanks
Roman

EDIT:
My parents have been making me to a special school on weekends to learn Ukrianian since i was about 4 years old.I know how how to read, write and speak fluently exactly like English. I have been bored so I don't go anymore, but I am still forced to Read ukrianian books. Ukraine and Russian are very similar, will this benefit me ever? International law maybe? Or is this a waste of time to continue it.

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
O yes, sorry for double post but I forgot to say this.

I've been reading around, and poeple say "Highschool Grades don't matter"

I live in the seattle area, and have looked up Collges/Univs. and for the Univ. of Washington you need 3.6 GPA to get in atleast, from what I know. What do you think about this?

lil_token

Hi,
My names Roman, and am finishing Middle School. This is my last year, and I'm finishing a highschool credit. My question is, I want to go to law school after HS, what classes should I take in highschool? Should I try really hard, and take all the harder classes? I'm currently registered for Honors English, Honors History, Double Honors Science(Biology) and Geometry 1-2 (thinking about doing it in the summer and going to Algebra 3-4). I was advised by friends to join Debate, take English Law, Business Math, join the FBLA (Future business leaders of America).

I'm a kid, and I don't want to screw up. I've always wanted to be a lawyer, and want to become successfull.
I'll appreciate any advice, i've been googling and trying to find advice and what books to read.

Anything you recommend is appreciated.

Thanks
Roman

Law schools require the completion of at least a bachelor's level college degree.  You won't be able to go directly from HS, nor would you want to.  Be a kid, enjoy life.  If you don't have one, get one!  It will do you some good in the long-run, trust me.

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
I am being a kid, I play Ice hockey as a sport and am very active in it. I'm not going to mess around in life and then hope. I'm going to give it all I have in Highschool and college, hopefully I will become a good lawyer who doesn't have to lie a lot.  ::)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
brave!  why are you corrupting this poor child's mind like that?

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
Brave, I am probably more mature then you and have gotten more females then you will ever get in your life. I didn't come here for girl advice, i came here for legal advice.  Please do not spam someones post who is seriously interested and is asking for advice.

Still looking for good advice, books etc.

Thanks!

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
shazam!

PresClay_00

If he's 14 and his only interest is ice hockey, someone needs to corrupt him. 

Romko

• View Profile
    • Email
Hockey,Girls,Law,Rock, and School is my life. Please go read a law book or do something else instead of spam someone elses post.

PresClay_00

it's not spam, maybe post whoring, but not spam.  You want real advice:

graduate with a high HS gpa+
graduate with a high UG gpa+
do well on the LSAT=Law School