Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can someone please answer my questions?!  (Read 1869 times)

eggo125

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Can someone please answer my questions?!
« on: July 29, 2003, 11:45:10 PM »
Hi,

I am planning to take my LSAT in December and am taking the Testmasters prep course which starts in October. Basically, I am hoping to go to law school the in fall 2004 (yeah I know its a little late to be taking the LSAT) and have no clue what the application process, admissions process, etc. is like. I've read up on what criteria they weigh admissions on but aren't sure if I should go soley on that. I just graduated this past May from a prestigious university with an ok GPA of 3.30. What do I need to score on my LSAT to make it into one of the top tier law schools??? Also will taking the LSAT in December be too late for me to apply for admission the following fall?

If someone could please answer my questions I would appreciate that soooo much!!! Thanks!

DuncanInMaine

• Penfold... shush!
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone please answer my questions?!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 10:45:14 AM »
To get into a tier 1 school you'll need to score very high on the LSATs. Of course there are exceptions (the admissions offices DO consider other factors), but with a 3.3 GPA you'll need to score well over 165 to even have a shot.  To get into one of the top ten schools you'll likely need something more like a 170. Again, some people get in with lower numbers, the odds are just against it.

As for all of your other questions, you should visit the Law School Admissions Council's website at http://www.lsac.org/. You can read their FAQs about applying to law school and also their guide to ABA approved schools.

Good luck.

richard o'connor

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 03:43:54 PM »
the best thing to do is contact the law scholls you are applying to, they can tell you when the best time to apply is. To get into a top school and espicially in a depressed economy where everyone wants to go to grad. school scoring above a 160 will be needed to even get your application looked at.

eggo125

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 06:04:31 PM »
Thanks for the replies! :)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:43:26 PM »