Law School Discussion

Michigan - Summer Start

Michigan - Summer Start
« on: March 24, 2005, 03:03:38 PM »
I have an app pending to Michigan; does anyone know if starting in the summer potentially makes an admission easier?  Have they made their summer start decisions yet?

Re: Michigan - Summer Start
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 03:08:26 PM »
I've been rejected already. I don't know if it is easier because as you can tell my numbers are too low for Michigan either way.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 09:54:05 PM »
Yeah...If you say you will start in the summer, then you have a better chance of admissions. They said in a letter I had received that their first concern was filling up the summer class, and thus, if you are willing to start in the summer and the class has yet to be filled, you will be considered in a more positive light if you say you will start in the summer. I, personally, couldn't move to Michigan in the summer so that was not an option unfortunately...

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 09:57:47 PM »
I applied way late and they told me they were considering my application for summer 2005 enrollment, I was really surprised it wasn't filled already.

Does anyone know anything else about the program?  I can't find anything on their site.  Do you go summer, then fall, then winter?  How many courses do summer students take?

Deuces Take Em

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 10:19:40 PM »
So do you finish in December three years later, or what?  How does that affect your class rank with everyone else, having taken the summer classes and whatnot?  What about the friggin' job applications later on?  Does it just mean you can take fewer classes during the regular semester?  Where're the Adcoms when i need them?